October 6, 2022
Important Upcoming Events
- Friday, October 7th - Lockdown Drill - Students should report to their Advisory class to start the day
- Friday, October 7th - End of the 1st nine weeks
- Wednesday, October 12th - PSAT (8th Grade Only)
- Friday, October 14th - 'Snapshot' Grades will be visible in RDS
- Monday, October 17th - Friday, October 21st - No School - Fall Break
- Wednesday, November 2nd - KONA Ice (during Advisory)
- Friday, November 4th - Picture Retake Day
- Wednesday, November 9th - Distance Learning Day
- Wednesday, November 23rd - Friday, November 25th - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, November 30th - Kona Ice (during Advisory)
For other information dates, please visit our website at https://taft.cps.k12.in.us/parents-students/calendar-menus
Lockdown Drill - October 7th
- Students will report to their Advisory class to start the day
- Throughout the year, we conduct important safety drills to ensure that our school is one of the safest places for our students. This means preparing staff and students for situations such as evacuations or intruders. Even though it is difficult to think about these situations, there is nothing more important than the safety of our students.
- In 2019, Crown Point School Corporation adopted a safety policy called ALICE. ALICE is a federally endorsed protocol that trains teachers and students to respond to a situation based on what’s happening around them. ALL CPCSC staff are trained in ALICE protocols.
- The threat of an active shooter attack is rare but very real. ALICE seeks to eliminate the “It can’t happen to me” mentality. ALICE training recognizes that individuals should be empowered to make life-saving decisions. Once empowered, individuals must be trained in proactive response options, rather than a passive, mandated, one-size-fits-all response.
- You can find more information about ALICE, including descriptions and video of ALICE training, on their website or at Parent FAQ
End of 1st Nine Weeks
The end of the 1st nine weeks is Friday, October 7th. Middle school course grades are calculated as semester long grades. Grades in Buzz are updated real time as scores are input by teachers. When you first login to RDS Parent Access these grades are updated nightly. At the end of the 1st and 3rd nine weeks, all grades for assignments and assessments will be up-to-date. Courses not effected by the transition include 9-week courses in Art, Family and Consumer Science, General Music, Informational Technology, PLTW, and Careers and Technology.
Please reference the 'grade snapshot’ slideshow, including a screencast, for a ‘how to’ in accessing your students grades through Buzz. Our grade snapshot for updated grades and assignments is available on Friday, October 14th.
PSAT (8th Grade Only)
For more information about PSAT, please visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9
Picture Retake Day is: November 4, 2022
Order Code is: 70788F
Your link to order is: https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/70788F
Students who ordered a package on original picture day but are choosing to get their picture retaken MUST bring their original picture package with them on retake day. They DO NOT need to place a new order. If they forget their package on retake day, we will take their photo & write their name down but we won’t order a new package until the old one is returned.
New Taft Making Great Progress!
Science Olympiad - Fundraiser Night
Taft’s Science Olympiad Team is having a fundraiser at Noodles and Company on Thursday, October 13th. Please see the attached flier for details. Please support by:
- Going to the Restaurant and presenting the flier when you place your order.
- Placing your order online at noodles.com/order or use the app.
- Once your order is complete, head to checkout.
- Enter code “GIVING25” in coupon code and hit “Apply.”
- Look for the red check for confirmation and proceed to checkout.
Cell Phones / Earbuds
The federal program that provided free breakfast and lunch for all students has ended. If you need meal assistance OR textbook assistance, you must complete a free/reduced application at www.cps.k12.in.us/food.
The cost for a full lunch this year is $2.65. Various items can also be purchased ala carte. Breakfast costs $1.50. The school menu is highlighted below and is subject to change.