Health, Safety and Environmental Services
CIEH Level 2 Award in Environmental Principles and Best Practise
This qualification has been created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
Environmental issues impact on every organisation. The rising costs of energy and raw materials, growing awareness of stakeholders and increasing environmental legislation are forcing organisations to address their own environmental performance.
Many organisations have identified that tackling environmental issues can bring benefits to their business including reduced waste and utility costs, reduced liabilities and access to new markets and investors.
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution
- Learn basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning
CIEH Level 3 Award in Environmental Management
This qualification has been designed to develop the knowledge and understanding of all staff working within an environmental management system (e.g. ISO 14001).
This qualification focuses specifically on the practical issues associated with implementing an environmental management system.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- key global environmental issues and the concept of sustainability
- the advantages and disadvantages of implementing an accredited environmental management system
- the purpose of and process involved in developing an effective environmental policy
- how to identify and evaluate an organisation’s environmental aspects and impacts
- the structure, function and operation of environmental law
- how an environmental management system can be implemented
- the purpose and processes of checking environmental performance including monitoring and measuring, corrective and preventive actions and auditing
- the reasons for producing an environmental report