* Established March 30 1846
* Named after the Guadalupe river
* First to inhabit the land in that area was the Paleo-Indian hunter-gatherers thousands of years before European colonization.
* In 1929 oil was discovered
Economy: Oil, Gas, Biomedical (laboratory test kits), Packaging (plastic bags), Caterpillar CO. Engine parts
Livestock: Raising and showing goats
* River activities, rodeos, hunting, fishing, other community events
* Holds the worlds largest pecan
This is where Guadalupe County is located on the great state of Texas.
Worlds largest pecan
Guadalupe County holds the largest pecan in the world.
County Court House
This was the old county court house of Guadalupe county.