Druid Hills High School
Community Week at a Glance - March 13
End of 9 Weeks Friday, March 17...Progress Reports distributed during 4th period Friday, March 24
Parent-Teacher Conferences - March 30
DHHS Career Day - May 4!
DH Sports Updates
- Girls Soccer: Varsity opened region play with a 10-0 victory. There were four different goal scorers led by Savannah with 5. Sky and Christina added 2, and Callie also scored. Six different players had assists including Jimelle and Indigo. More excellent play from Campbell, Maya, Jenny, Ellie J, Ellie W, Marina and Melina. Keep up the good work ladies.
- Track: Congratulations to the track team for their outstanding performance this weekend at the Wheeler Relays! Key performances include:
- Girls Throwers 4x100m relay - 1st (Jala Simelton, Skye Latham, Mercy Ogutu, Raven Mitchell)
- Boys Throwers 4x100m relay - 1st (DeShaun Baker, Jovonnii Brumfield, Demeraki Moore, Tyrique Robinson)
- Coaches Coed 4x100m relay - 1st (Coach Anderson, Coach Kyh, Coach Amber, Coach George)
- Deshaun Baker - 3rd in shot put
- Boys 4x1600m relay - 3rd (Carter Rathur, Cantrice Hart, Emanuel Faria, Brendon Valentine)
- Boys Distance Medley Relay - 3rd (Emanuel Faria, Sheldan Lindsay, Demeraki Moore, Carter Rathur)
- Boys 4x400m relay - 3rd (Ruben Taylor, Kenyon Blackshear, Shavar Bernard, Clark Sheppard
GSU Academy for Future Teachers - Summer Stipend Opportunity for Juniors and Seniors
Ga. State University College of Education’s June Academy for Future Teachers (AFT) is a 3-week STEM-based program that challenges and engages high school students willing to consider a career in education and STEM. Participants even plan and deliver their own lessons to middle school or pre-K students each week.
AFT participants are on campus 8am-1:00pm daily June 5-23, learning and applying pedagogy & communications skills while reviewing core math & science content. A highlight is teaching actual middle school or pre-K students every week using lessons participants design. AFT provides a stipend for full participation plus a June public transit card or parking and a snack/lunch card.
Preferred candidates are rising juniors and seniors, though teaching-focused 12th are considered.
Please visit the website, http://education.gsu.edu/AFT, for the application form and all contact information.
PRIDE Driver's Classes
Tuesday, March 14
Fifth Period & Study Hall
PI Day Presentation Math Club Uhry Theater 4th
Ultimate Frisbee vs Grady @ Central Park 5p
V Baseball @ Luella 5:30p
PTSA - MOWR & College Awareness Meeting 6:30p Media Center
ELPC Meeting 7pm Tucker High School
DHAA Board Meeting 7:30pm Coach Palmer's Room
Wednesday, March 15
VB Soccer vs Lithonia @ DHMS 5p
Track @ Discovery High School 5p
Thursday, February 16
Tutorials: Emory Dream, ESOL, 5th Period, Study Hall
Golf vs Columbia @ Stone Mountain 4p
JV Baseball vs Dunwoody @ DHMS 5p
Friday, March 17
End of 9 week
V Baseball @ Luella 5:30p
V Soccer vs Salem @ Hallford 6/8p
March 24 - Issue Progress Reports
March 30 - P-T Conferences, Druid Hills Cluster Art Festival 6pm @ DHMS