Art City Eagles
August 30, 2021
Things to Note
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
Breakfast: Breakfast service begins at 8:15. We are having a lot of students coming to school before 8:00. If students are having breakfast they should not arrive before 8:15 am. Breakfast service ends at 8:40 am. Students not eating breakfast should arrive to school between 8:30-8:40.
School Community Council: Art City School Community Council (SCC) needs YOU! SCC is an advisory council to the school administration. The council consists of parents, employees and the principal. We meet monthly , usually the third Thursday at 10:00 at the school. We address many school issues, discuss school improvement, Trustland monies and much more. If you are interested and willing to serve on our council, please call the office and let Mrs. Muirbrook know. The last day to apply for SCC is Friday Sept. 3. If needed an election will take place from Sept. 7 to 13.
4th & 5th Grade Students: Mrs. Gervais is our music teacher. Each year she teaches students to play the recorder. The school will make a bulk purchase of the best student recorders at an excellent price. Students may purchase their own recorder that comes with a zippered case and neck strap. If you would like for your child to have his/her own recorder that they will take home at the end of the school year, please send $5.00 with your child's name and teacher to the office by Wednesday, September 1. Some parents wish to donate toward a recorder for other students to have, or they wish to use a recorder that was previously purchased. If you wish to donate for additional recorders, please send that money to the office in an envelope marked 'recorder donation'. Any questions, please call the office.
Art City's Golden Eagle: We are starting a new and exciting program. All 4th and 5th grade students are invited to participate in the Golden Eagle. The Golden Eagle is optional, and takes the whole school year to complete. Students who complete all the requirements will be honored in our end of year assembly with a really nice reward. We hope to have several students participate! Any questions, please email or call Mrs. Muirbrook. Additional information sheets are on the lobby table. Click this link for all the details: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12xFCptWv1yK1ctKe8BsqnrIGTHXKHJi_?usp=sharing
September 1: PTA Meeting 10:00
September 6: No School - Labor Day
September 14: School Pictures
September 20: No School - Teacher Training Day
Sept. 24: PTA Fundraiser - Chalk Art Walk - Watch for more information
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated
Art City PTA
Our first PTA Meeting of the year will take place Wednesday, September 1st at 10am. Come and see what’s happening this year. Bring a friend and be entered to win a prize.
Save the Date! Art City Elementary Art Festival will be held on Friday, September 24th. Watch for more information. Plan to spend the evening supporting Art City Elementary and participating in some amazing art displays! It's going to be SO MUCH FUN!!
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. The letter will contain recommendations for students in that class.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center