Symmes Elementary School
February 12, 2021
- Highlight and give a Shout out to a Virtual Classroom Grade Level
- Share highlights and or events for the upcoming week
- Share birthdays of face to face and virtual students
- Announce Bee Buck Winners for virtual and face to face
We hope that you can tune in each Friday!
Click here for instructions on how to access your child's report card.
Click here for important information about Symmes Players Theater Program
Reminders about inclement weather
- Face-to-Face students will go outside for recess as long as the "feels like" temperature is above 20 degrees. Please send your child with a warm coat, hat, and gloves.
- If there is a delay or closing, you should receive a text, email, or phone call from the District Office. Delays and/or closings are also posted on all local news stations and websites.
- Delays and/or closings will apply to BOTH Face-to-Face and Virtual Classroom students.
A two-hour delay means:
- The start of the school day is delayed 2 hours. For Symmes, that means our day would start at 11:30 am.
- Student drop off is delayed 2 hours. For Symmes, that means you can drop off your student between 11:17 am and 11:27 am.
- Buses will run but will arrive at your home 2 hours later than your regular pick up time.
- Half-day, MORNING kindergarten WILL NOT meet.
- Lunch will be served to all grade levels.
- The school day ends at the normal time.
A closing means:
- School is closed and students and staff should NOT come to school.
- Any school affiliated after school activity is cancelled.
GOTR is a great program that is open to virtual and F2F Symmes 4th-grade girls only
Time to order your 2020-2021 yearbook!
Cost is $16 for a standard cover and $18.75 for a personalized cover. Enter the school code and register as a "New User" to purchase. Deadline to purchase is April 8th. Yearbooks will be delivered in May and limited copies will be available to purchase in person so order online today!
School Code: 201541
Contact Brittany Haines at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Free Meals Extended
For all of the families that have been taking advantage of the free breakfast and lunches for ALL Sycamore schools and students this opportunity had been EXTENDED until the end of the 2020-21 school year!
All Sycamore families can enjoy free breakfast and free lunch all school year long.
Click here for more details for face to face families.
Click here for more details for virtual families.
Drop up/Pick up Reminders
If you drop off or pick up your student please remember the following:
- Pull your car up to the car in front of you.
- Turn off their car while you are waiting.
- At pick up, flip your car tag to the white side once all your students are in the car. This is an easy way for the adults helping to know that you are ready to go!
- At pick up, students will enter your car from the CENTER aisle and find their appropriate seat once in the car. Please DO NOT encourage your child to walk around the front (or back) of your car in order to get into your car.
Lost and Found
We accumulate a number of lost and found items. As a reminder, please clearly label all belongings with your child’s last name. To minimize risks due to COVID-19 while attempting to reunite items with their owners, we are following the following process.
Every Friday in our building newsletter we will include a picture of current lost and found items.
If you see an item that belongs to your child, please remind them to claim that item in the cafeteria during their lunch. They can notify any staff member in the cafeteria that they need to claim their item.
If your child forgets, you can email their teacher to ask for help reminding the student.
Your child will have 1 week to claim the item.
After 1 week, all items accumulated in the Lost and Found will be removed from the building.
Here are this weeks' lost and found items:
Here are the dates for upcoming lunches:
*Please only have your child attend their grade level meet so we can more easily manage our numbers.
This is optional for students and is an additional time for us to stay connected. Your child's teacher will share the link to your grade level meeting with you.
We know that there will be some months that we will not be able to get together, but we look forward to seeing you all as often as possible!
4th Grade from 11:50 am -12:15 pm with Mrs. Lord
1st Grade from 11:50 am - 12:10 pm with Mrs. Lobert
2nd Grade from 11:50 am - 12:05 pm with Mrs. Matacia
Kindergarten from 12:00 pm - 12:15 pm with Ms. Shaheen
3rd Grade from 11:50 am - 12:30 pm with Mrs. Wuebbolt
4th Grade from 11:50 am - 12:15 pm with Mr. Phou
1st Grade from 11:50 am - 12:10 pm with Miss Carroll
Symmes Yearbook for Virtual Students
Virtual Families - Ordering Curbside Meals for 2021
Reminder to all virtual families to continue to order meals for your virtual students for pick up every Wednesday. You will need to fill out the order form and choose which weeks you will pick up meals.
Please, only order for the weeks you can be there. We prepare enough meals for every family that orders each week, and when no one shows up, some parts of those meals will have to go to waste. ORDER VIRTUAL MEALS HERE
More information can be found here.