Fall in LOVE with Reading...
Paine Elementary Library
Book Fair Summary... Together we sold $29,599.88!!! WAY TO GO PAINE READERS!!!
Thank you to everyone who helped us make our Fall Scholastic Book Fair a HUGE success!!!
We sold more books than we did in both fairs last year...
Our goal is to keep increasing our sales to maintain and build our collection for our avid readers here at Paine Elementary!!!
Be A Champion and READ!!!
There are 3 easy steps to follow:
- Read the parent letter and fill out your reading log.
- Please encourage students to use the “Be a Champion and READ” reading log (one per student) in conjunction with classroom reading logs.
- Have students return their reading log to school no later than Oct. 30th… Students will get an Alabama or Auburn bookmark from the Library. Entry cards will be mailed to the AEA office on Oct. 30th to enter a chance to win Iron Bowl tickets.
Our Library Lessons...
This rotation we learned about being good DIGITAL Citizens... This means that we use the technology in the Media Center responsibly. We explored a Nearpod presentation together. We learned how to travel safely on the internet and we compared how traveling safely in the real world is like traveling safely on the internet.
We learned three simple rules to keep in mind for good DIGITAL Citizenship.
1. Always ask a parent or teacher before you use the internet.
2. Only talk to and message people you know on the internet.
3. Stick to "just right" places for you on the internet.
Grandparents Day at the Paine Elementary Library
Students are allowed to come to the library ANYTIME they need a new book...
Flex Check-out rules:
- Please only 2 students from each class at a time.
- Only two books per student.
- Students must sign-in at the front desk.
Total Books Checked Out... 12,418
Total Books Checked In... 9,595
WOW, that's a LOT of books!!! Keep it up Paine readers!!!