Meet Your Classmates
Families are invited to the Sprague School playground to meet classmates and other parents on the following dates courtesy of the District 103 PTO. Teachers will not be present during these play dates. Teacher assignments will be posted in PowerSchool after 12:00 p.m. Friday, August 5, for families who have proved residency. Adults are expected to attend the play date event and supervise.
- CANCELLED: Early Childhood and Kindergarten: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, August 7
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 16
- First-Grade: 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, August 13
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, August 13
- Second-Grade: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sunday, August 14
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 16 (second play date)
Families should bring their own snacks and drinks. The school door adjacent to the playground will be open for bathroom use. If you cannot attend your child's assigned play date date or if it rains, there will be more opportunities for students and parents to get to know one another once school gets underway.
Health Forms Due
Meet Your Classroom Teacher & First Day of School
- 7:30 to 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, August 17: Grades K-2 with Last Names Beginning with A-M
- 8:15 to 8:45 a.m. Wednesday, August 17: Grades K-2 with Last Names Beginning with N-Z
- 8:15 a.m. Thursday, August 18: Grades K-2 First Day of School
- 9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Thursday, August 18: Early Childhood Morning and Extended Day Family Classroom Visit
- 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, August 18: Early Childhood Afternoon Classes Family Classroom Visit
- 8:30 a.m. Monday, August 22: Early Childhood Morning First Day of School
- 12:00 p.m. Monday, August 22: Early Childhood Afternoon First Day of School
If families cannot attend the Meet the Teacher event, there will be time on the first day of school for students to unpack their supplies and set up their lockers.
103 Club Registration
Registration is now open for 103 Club, District 103's child care program. The 103 Club is a program for before and after school child care. It is open to all children entering kindergarten through fifth-grade. Children must be registered for a minimum of two days per week and not less than one month. 103 Club does not offer drop in child care. Please enroll your children through the District’s RevTrak Web Store. Registration is first come, first serve and there is limited space. Please read more about the 103 Club in an earlier e-notice.
The D103 Back to School Fair runs from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 3, and 12:00 to 7:00 p.m. Thursday, August 4. It will be held at Daniel Wright Junior High School, 1370 N. Riverwoods Road, Lincolnshire. Details about what to bring can be found on the D103 website.
Class assignments will be released after 12:00 p.m. Friday, August 5, to all families who have proved residency.
- If you already registered an incoming kindergarten student for the 2022-2023 school year, but also have a student(s) in higher grade levels, please contact Laura B Sprague School to request that they share your residency documents with the school that your other child attends.
- If you have an incoming kindergarten student, but no other students in higher grade levels, you do not need to attend the Back to School Fair.
- Families new to District 103 this year do not need to attend the residency fair.
- Regardless of what grade level your student(s