Jaguar Band Newsletter
Your Place for JHS Jaguar Band News
In this week's newsletter
- TMF Online Store Closes Monday, June 6
- Important Summer Notes (Please note Updated Info for Open Band Hall days)
- What's Happening this Month (June 2022)
- Get Involved! (Important Volunteer Information)
- Rookie Parents (And Those of Us Who Need a Friendly Reminder!)
- Save These Dates (Picture Day!)
- Stay Strong and Healthy for Summer Band!
- Jag Band & Guard Photos
- Support Johnson Jaguar Band!
- Stay Connected!
TMF Online Store Closes Monday, June 6
If you need to order replacement marching shoes, please click here. The online store closes MONDAY, JUNE 6.
Rookie Parents--The duffel bags are not required but highly-recommended. Freshman receive as part of their Rookie Package the following items: Black Band Polo, Khaki shorts, marching shoes, white dry fit shirt, black dry fit compression sleeveless shirt and the ½ gallon water jug.
important Summer Notes
Open Band Hall--UPDATED June 3, 2022
The band hall will be open Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. All open band hall days and times are now listed on the Johnson Band Calendar. Any large student-led sectionals need to be communicated at least one day in advance to Mr. Lucita. This is to ensure that a Director is there for safety and logistical concerns. Individuals do not need to communicate in advance. We are thrilled to have had many students already taking advantage of this program and hope that more will continue. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Guard members: Please keep an eye out for Spin Days at JHS! We will be working on getting dates in the gym for you to practice your skills. We will also be offering days for strength training and improving flexibility/stretching.
All Band and Guard families: Please don't forget to pay your 2022 - 23 Fees
Fees are used to help purchase summer and competition uniforms! Please visit our website to pay 2022 - 23 Band, Guard and School Instrument Fees. We have been able to maintain the same guard fees as last year. RevTrak will go live later this week so that guard families can pay. Please keep an eye out!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH (JUNE 2022)
Please note: due to an error on the TMF JagSwag store, it unfortunately closed on June 5. They will reopen the store the morning of June 6 and leave open until 11:59pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.
DUFFLE BAGS, spirit gear/family items, and extra uniform items. This will be the only opportunity to get your optional duffle bags before the marching/football season begins. Don't delay!
June 6 - 9, 13 - 16, 20 & 23
Open Band Hall
Jaguar Band Jam #1 (5 - 9 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
*Our first Jaguar Jam will be a potluck dinner! Please sign up HERE to contribute. Let's make sure this first of three Jams is a memorable one! See you soon!
June 21 - 22
Student Leadership Team (SLT) Camp (9 a.m. - 3 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
The Breakdown Camp (June 21st AND June 22nd*, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. @ JHS)
* Please note only the 21st was previously listed but this is a 2-day camp
Check out the Jaguar Band featured on their home page! https://thebreakdowncamp.com/
This camp is FREE for all JHS incoming 9th - 12th grade band and guard students. The $300 per student fee is paid by the JHS Band.
June 24 - July 9
Band Hall Closed
The Breakdown Camp
4 p.m. June 21 @ JHS
This camp is FREE for all JHS incoming 9th - 12th grade band and guard students. The $300 per student fee is covered by the JHS Band.
Are you already imagining yourself down on the field with the band at halftime or at competition? Have you booked your travel to Indianapolis for Grand Nationals? Do you dream of spending every free moment you have up at the band hall washing and hemming uniforms? Are you the parent who's going to get to know every student by serving them game-day meals? That's AWESOME! We're so happy to have you!
All volunteers in Hays CISD must sign up here first.
Complete our Committee Interest Form to be informed on upcoming committee meetings as they begin: https://form.jotform.com/221345018736150
Join the Band Boosters: https://www.johnsonbands.com/product-page/2022-2023-booster-membership
Rookie Parents (and those of us who need a friendly reminder!)
- Registration links Refer to Tracye’s email but included registration items can be found on our website here: (its in 2 places - under “I Want To…… See Documents & Resources" https://www.johnsonbands.com/documents-resources AND under “I Am A ….. Parent”, “Required Documents" https://www.johnsonbands.com/info-and-forms-2022-2023
- Rank One forms (only do one time for both athletics and band)
- Parent Information Form
- 8 Hour UIL Form
- Physical (requires dr signature) Email to Tracye prior to start of summer band.
- Uniforms and Spirit Gear
- Note - Freshman receive as part of their Rookie Package the following items: Black Band Polo, Khaki shorts, marching shoes, white dry fit shirt, black dry fit compression sleeveless shirt, ½ gallon water jug
- Replacement marching shoes are available for order until June 6th. Check yours to see if they still fit and are in good condition or order new ones one (returning members must purchase): https://hayscisd.revtrak.net/Campuses-and-Instruction-1013/Middle-Schools-and-High-Schools/johnson-high-school/jhs-music/jhs-band/#/v/JHS---Band--Replacement-Marching-Shoes-1723
- Additional uniform item pieces (for extras or new sizes for returning students) are available for order until June 6th in our TMF JAG SWAG Store. https://stores.inksoft.com/Johnsonhsband/shop/home
- All students - duffle bags for band and guard are highly recommended (they are not included in rookie package). Order in our TMF JAG SWAG Store. https://stores.inksoft.com/Johnsonhsband/shop/home
- Band/Guard specific and select Jaguar spirit gear items are available in the TMF Jag Swag Store through June 6th. Additional items with limited inventory are available in our Booster store for immediate delivery. New/additional items available beginning at summer band. https://www.johnsonbands.com/spirit-gear
SAVE THESE DATES!
July 11 - 14 & 18 - 21
Open Band Hall
Summer Band Jam #3 (5 - 9 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
DCI San Antonio
July 25 & 26
Percussion Camp (@ JHS Band Hall)
SLT Camp (@ JHS Band Hall)
Summer Band Begins
Picture Day for the 2022-2023 Jaguar Band!
* On this date, students will be assigned their band uniforms (using measurements taken previously) and will take their formal pictures.
* Students who do not take their pictures on this date will not have their pictures in time to be featured in the Football Programs.
Sign Up for time slots and additional information will be coming soon. Questions can be directed to Carmen Sifuentes at email@example.com.
STAY STRONG AND HEALTHY FOR SUMMER BAND!
Here is your first one! https://youtu.be/zuBzv3kDTPI
This exercise is for ALL color guard and band members. Shoulder / rotator cuff injuries are very common especially with guard work. This exercise will help strengthen that shoulder girdle and add some protection. This exercise can be completed daily as part of your warm up. Go slow and under control. 1: keep the palm facing up as you rotate ( THIS IS THE HARDEST PART) try your best to stand straight 2: Start with light weight 1-2 pounds. Don’t go any heavier than 5 to start. Stand straight 3: rotate inward for 5 reps then outward for 5 ( this is 1 set). Stand straight 4: Complete 3 sets for each arm. Stand straight 5: practice using a small paper plate to get form correct (FORM IS CRITICAL) 6: stand straight
Jag Band & Guard Photos
Support Johnson Jaguar Band!
Join the Johnson Jaguar Band Boosters!
Subscribe to Fly a Flag! Show your National Pride AND support the Johnson High School Band! The Johnson Band Boosters are offering a US Flag Subscription service! For national holidays a 3’ x 5’ flag on a pole will be placed in your front yard. The flags will be installed at least one day before the holiday and will be removed after the holiday (length of display will vary depending on when the holiday occurs). A one-year subscription to the Fly A Flag Program is $52. At this time, this service is only being offered in the Johnson High School attendance zone.
SHOP!Amazon Smile: Support the Johnson Jaguar Band & Guard by shopping at Amazon Smile!
Scrip Gift Cards: Shop gift cards from 750+ top brands like Amazon, HEB, Starbucks, Walmart, Home Depot and the band program earns on things you buy!
Corporate Sponsorship: Corporate sponsorships are a fantastic way for local businesses to support the Jaguar Band AND raise awareness about your company in our community. . There are several different levels of sponsorship available each with its own unique incentives. Download our brochure or click on the image to explore the various tax-deductible options available.
- Save our website -www.johnsonbands.com
- Find copies of our Jaguar Band Newsletters at: https://www.johnsonbands.com/newsletter
- Sync to the Band Google Calendar: https://www.johnsonbands.com/calendar
- Sign up for 2022 Remind - Instructions here https://www.johnsonbands.com/get-connected
- Like our Facebook Page https://www.johnsonbands.com/get-connected
- Get Connected: Remind App, JHS Band Calendar, Photos & Newsletters. We're also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube!