Paper Towel Lab Poster
By: Marlina Brusick Dr.Kilgore's Science Class 2014
What Is This Experiment?
You are going to need Bounty brand paper towels, Brawny, Scott, and Sparkle aswell for one of your materials.
You are going to need the measuring cup measuring the 1/2 cup of water to spill on the towels and to ring the water out in the cup.
You are going to need a flat surface or a counter top to do this on so you can wipe up the mess.
The Independent Varible
The Dependent Variable
Constants ( atleast three)
2. temp. of water
3. Ring force
2. Gather all of your materials you need
3. Rip off a sheet of paper of each brand and take one on the counter, leave the others to the side.
4. Put 1/2 cup of water in the measuring cup
5. Pour the 1/2 cup water on the paper towel sheet.
6. Start your timer for one minute.
7. While you are waiting for a minute, dry off your measuring cup with a towel.
8. Once the minute is up, carefully pickup the paper towel.
9. Ring out the water from your paper towel in the measuring cup ( getting as much water out of it as you can) and see how much water was left.
10. Write down the brand and how much water was left in the measuring cup after ringing it out.
11. Repeat the same thing for the rest of the brand so paper towels and see which paper towel left the least amount of water in the measuring cup after ringing it out and that one was the on that soaked up the most water.
- counter top
- measuring cups
-notebook ( or something to write your observations on)