The Orion/Mandarin Gazette
Feb 20 Campus wide safety drill "Shelter in Place"
Feb 24-28 Book Fair in the library
Feb 24 8:15am School wide assembly #2 Grades 1-5 Introduce Core Value - Courage
Feb 26 7:00pm RCSD School Board Meeting-Agenda Item: Basic Aide Funding Model
Feb 27 Soul Shoppe special workshop "Free to Be" teaching students to self advocate
Feb 27 1:45-3:00 School Site Council
Mar 2 Dr. Seuss Birthday - Campus wide reading celebration
Mar 7 Julia Robinson Math Games in the cafeteria
Mar 9-Mar 13 Early dismissal all week at 1:30 for parent-teacher conferences
Scholastic Book Fair FEB 24-28 in the school library
2/24 MON: 12:00 - 1:00
SPECIAL EVENT!! Join us before school on Tuesday (2/25) for Treats & Coffee. Muffins/ cookies/coffee served while supplies last!
TUES: 7:30 - 8:30 11:30 - 1:00 2:00 - 3:30
WED: 11:30 - 1:00 2:00 - 3:30
THURS: 7:30 - 8:30 11:30 - 1:00 1:00 - 2:30
FRI: 11:30 - 1:00 2:00 - 3:30
Orion Community Celebrates a Day of Love and Friendship
On February 24, Teacher Stephanie's class will introduce "Courage" at our school wide assembly at 8:15am in the MUB for students and families.
Lockdown Drill on Feb. 20
Kindergarten students from Mrs. Pim's class share the daily whether update.
Ms. Kao's kindergarten students learn early programming with Kibo robots.
4/5 Mandarin Presenations
The Starship Corner - The Parent Teacher Organization
Starship Corner: Every parent, teacher and staff member is a part of Starship! Questions or ideas: email email@example.com. Here are a few highlights for this week, a full recap from last meeting is coming soon.
- This Friday 2/21 5-8pm, we will have an All School Social at Devil's Canyon. This is a family friendly opportunity for the whole school to get together with each other and build community.
- Starship has agreed to plan a school wide Variety Show, in response to student council's thoughtful proposal. More details soon!
- Congratulations to the Student Council for selling 800 Valentine's Grams last week!!!!
- Scholastic Book Fair - Feb 24th- Feb 28th needs your help! Sign up here https://signup.com/go/qkLddvZ
- Get your Tickets for the All School Auction March 21st at Devil's Canyon! https://www.orionauction.org/?fbclid=IwAR10frn3p3bfxWE4wTqGqUKnKWfz0B1RHoY5uXoafJDw4XRjKR0aFdYkzWo
And a note from the Starship Treasurer, Kirsten McMullen
In n our last meeting we distributed a snapshot of our fundraising and spending year to date (first column), and our estimates of fundraising and spending for the rest of the year (second column). We're coming up a bit short, which doesn't mean that we won't be able to do what we committed to do, but we would be eating into our cash reserve, which reduces the commitments we can make for next school year. I thought it would be helpful if everybody could see how we are raising money and where that money is going.
Here's a quick summary of the breakdown of where your $500 Fair Share contribution goes:
- Classroom Supplies $74
- PE $74
- Field Trips $74
- iPads and cases $44
- Teacher's Aid $ 43
- Art $42
- Math Enrichment $27
- Events (Ice Cream Social, AI Fair, etc) $27
- Starship Fees (taxes, insurance, storage) $24
- Soul Shoppe Workshops $18
- Teacher Development $18
- Library $18
- Other $18
If anybody has questions about this, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org . Also if you made a donation through your company and you want to make sure we got it, just let me know and I will verify. Thanks everybody for your support of the Parent Teacher Organization and our kids!