Holy Redeemer Catholic School September 17, 2021
Mark Your Calendars:
This coming week:
- Monday - Election - Gym used by Elections Canada
- Tuesday - Parent / School Council Meeting - 6:30p.m. Online - The meeting link and previous agendas can be found on our school website at: https://hr.eics.ab.ca/parents/school-council
Down the road:
- Orange Shirt Day in recognition of Residential School Awareness - Thursday, September 29th
- Truth and Reconciliation Day - Thursday, September 30th (No School)
- Truth and Reconciliation Awareness week - September 27th - October 1st
- Terry Fox Run - Friday, October 1st
- School Photos - Tuesday, October 5th
- School Photo- Re-Takes - Tuesday, October 26th
Calendar Change Notice:
Faith Corner - Who is the greatest?
Jesus heard his disciples arguing about which of them would be the greatest in God's kingdom. Jesus said to them, "If you want to be first, you must be last and you must be the servant of all." He then put his arms around a little child and told his disciples, "If you welcome one of these, you welcome me; and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the one that sent me."
Sometimes we think the most important thing is to be the first, to be the most beautiful, to be the smartest, or to be the GREATEST! That isn't what Jesus said. He said that the most important thing was to think of others first and ourselves last. If we want to be great in God's sight, we should seek to be a servant rather than seeking to be served.
Help us to remember that to be the greatest,
we must be willing to be the least.
- MASKS: Masks are required inside EICS Facilities. Please ensure you are wearing a mask if you need to enter the school for all appointments. All parents, staff and students must wear a mask in common areas.
- ILLNESS AND ABSENCES: A reminder for all families that the AHS Daily Assessment needs to be completed and actioned each morning prior to coming to school. If your child is experiencing symptoms please choose:
“other illness or injury” If they are experiencing symptoms that you do not deem to be flu-like, or your child has a medical appointment.
“parent excused.” If your child is experiencing no symptoms at all, please choose this. The parent excused absence should only be chosen if you are keeping your child home for a reason that does not pertain to a medical issue. (i.e dance competition)
- BUILDING ADMITTANCE: Please call the office or ring the bell upon your arrival and a staff member will greet you at the door. All doors will be locked at this time. Parents will only be permitted to enter the building for appointments or scheduled business. Parents must be masked at all times when inside the school.
- PARKING: Please use the designated parking space for parents during pick-ups and drop-offs in front of the school and on the Northside of our building. We are not authorized to utilize the daycare's private parking lot.
2021 - Terry Fox Run - Fundraising Campaign
Donate to: http://www.terryfox.ca/HolyRedeemerCatholic.
Together, we can all make a difference. #terryfoxschoolruns #tryliketerry @terryfoxfoundation
ACTION Required: Yearly Consent Forms
Please take a moment to log onto PowerSchool and digitally consent to the following forms:
2021 Low Risk Fieldtrip Consent ~ All Students
2021 Responsible Use of Tech Agreement ~ All Students
2021 One to One Use Agreement ~ All Students
2021 Locker Use Agreement ~ Grades 5 to 8
How to Complete Forms:
Log in (If you have not logged into PowerSchool and do not know your username and password please email the School Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can set you up with an account. Click on Forms and Fees
Click on Yearly Consent
Select your answer from the drop down menu.
Click Submit for each section.
Be sure to complete all three sections for each child you have enrolled in the school.
It is vital that you sign in to your account as soon as possible, as there are upcoming field trips and students cannot participate if the consent is not done.
If you need any help please contact the school at 780-922-4522 and Mrs. Guerin can assist you.
News from Parent Advisory Council
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
- Have you ever wondered what the Holy Redeemer PAC does?
- Have you ever wanted to help make decisions that support your child’s education and school?
- Do you want to be more connected to the Holy Redeemer staff, other parents, and EICS community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in luck! The Holy Redeemer PAC invites you to join us for our first meeting of the school year on September 21 st at 6:30 pm.
Join us for our first meeting of the school year on September 21 st at 6:30 pm.
All parents/caregivers are welcome to join the virtual meeting.
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings:
You can also follow us on Facebook:
Thank you Parent Council! Nature Sensory Stickers
A HUGE shout out to our Parent Council for financially supporting our new nature sensory pathway stickers in our hallways! They look fabulous! The students are enjoying them every day!
Thank you for everything you do! Parents Council, thank you for making a difference!
Raiders' Weekly Spotlight
Meet Our Staff - Weekly Spotlight
Introducing Mrs. Spilchak
"A little blurb about me: I have been teaching for 24 years! I love Starbucks coffee, movies, the beach and anything outdoors! I have 3 kids and am so happy to be back for my 5th year at Holy Redeemer! Have a wonderful year, students and families!"
Introducing Mrs. McMaster
Please meet our wonderful Grade 1 Teacher. She says,
"My name is Rachel McMaster and I have been teaching since 2001. I am from a small town called Bonnyville and raised on a farm with every animal you can imagine! I live near Ardrossan with my husband and four children ages 8-16. I recently graduated with my Masters in Education from the University of Portland and hope to continue my education journey for many years. I absolutely love our small community of Ardrossan and our parent, student and staff community. I love to hike, hunt, surf, scuba dive, ski, raft and explore the outdoors every opportunity I have. I have a love for adventure and will test my limits every opportunity I get. I value hard
work and a growth mindset and the best part of my day is knowing that the students will make me laugh at some point in the day...and if they don't I’ll be sure to make them laugh!"
Introducing Mrs. Brouwer
The library is in full swing and it’s so good to see everyone excited to check out some books! We are taking the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe again this year, that includes masking and hand sanitizing. Thanks to all the students who are doing their part.
The Wellness Corner
News from our Inclusive Learning Team...
Good afternoon! Children's Autism Services of Edmonton is running a monthly Speaker Series for families (virtually). These wonderful events are streamed live and the recordings will remain available for a week after each event.
As well, the Autism Society of Alberta is hosting support group meetings for parents of special needs children. The information is listed below as well as the contact information for the coordinators.
All Alberta Virtual Parents of Special Needs Children Support Meetings
As part of Autism Alberta's Family Resource Centres, our Family Resource Coordinators are hosting a new series of support group meetings. For more information about any of the upcoming meetings, you can contact our Family Resource Coordinators at FamilyResourceCentres@autismalberta.ca or 587-282-1424.
- Sept. 28, 2021 – 1:30 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/wxa-tqex-iod
Join by phone (CA) +1 647-733-0507 PIN: 197 090 988#
- Oct. 12, 2021 – 7:00 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/rqd-tnsu-vfp
Join by phone (CA) +1 587-794-8348 PIN: 393 422 355#
- Oct. 26, 2021 – 1:30 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/jdd-tvqp-nmd
Join by phone (CA) +1 587-977-9361 PIN: 978 199 817#
Sacrament Information 2021/2022
Please note this Friday September 17 is the deadline to register for the Fall session of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. It is open to all children grade 2 and older.
The Registration Form can be printed off from our parish website: https://www.olph.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/First-Rec-Communion-Registration-Printable-Form-FINAL-may2021.pdf
Parents can submit them to the OLPH Parish Office in person (7:30am-7:30pm, 7 days a week) OR by email email@example.com.