Peter the Great
The Tall and Powerful Emperor of Russia
The Start of Peter the Great
- Peter took the throne when he was 10 years-old, but he did not take control of the government until 7 years later.
- In 1697 Peter wanted to learn more about western ways and he spent hours walking the streets of European cities.
- He was a very curious man and was very interested in other cultures.
- Some names that he was given are "Emperor of All Russia", "Great Father of the Fatherland", and "The Great".
Information on Peter
- He was a skillful diplomat, who also abolished Russia's form of government.
- Peter mostly focused on the improvement of science and hired many people to educate his people about technology.
- Some things that he did was that he made Russia a western cultural place , modernized the alphabet, and made the first Russian newspaper.
- Because of Peter Russia became am amazing European nation.
Peter Was A Very Effective Leader That Had A Lot of Good Qualities!
Although a Wonderful Leader He Had Some Downfalls Too!
Is he Really Peter the Great?
- Peter was known to be cruel, and very tyrannical.
- The taxes in Russia were extremely high, which led to revolts by the people.
- Peter was a drunk, that got very violent from drinking a lot.
- He was married twice and had eleven children, which many of them died when they were just infants.
- He convicted his eldest son for treason, and he was secretly executed.