Storia School Edition
Ohio's 4th Grade eBook Collection
What is Storia?
To learn more about Storia, watch this four-minute video from Scholastic.
How does Storia help teachers?
- Provides high-quality, interesting books that support Ohio's New Learning Standards.
- Gives teachers valuable data that can be used to create student learning objectives and to support the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System. Storia tracks information in an easy-to-use management system that provides statistics on amount of time spent reading, number of words looked up, highlighted passages, notes taken for understanding, and the score on the formative assessment for each title. If a student performs poorly, then the teacher can verify which strategies were used (or not used) and suggest new approaches the student can take to improve.
- Multiple Lexile levels allow teachers to differentiate for students, and features such as read aloud are a bonus for at-risk readers.
Students are encouraged to look up what they missed in the text and take the challenge again.
Teacher Tip Cards
Great information for helping kids analyze the text, learn new vocabulary, etc.
Getting Started is as easy!
- Request a Teacher Access Code
- Create your Storia account using your Teacher Access Code (see Figure 1 below)
- Provide Storia with essential information:
- Reading level preference (Guided Reading Level or Lexile Measure), your email address, and password
- Class name and grade level (Grade 4)
- Student names (ex: Emma, Jacob, Logan, Terri F, Terri S)
Why is Storia available only for 4th grade?
Who can use this besides 4th grade teachers?
How long will Storia: Ohio's 4th Grade eBook Collection be available?
Storia eBook Trailer - Featured on the Storia YouTube Channel
Before you begin to use Storia...
- Please familiarize yourself with the getting started guide and associated videos. These items will help you, and your 4th grade students, get the most out of the Storia Collection. You will find these materials at: http://www.infohio.org/students/er/item/storia
- After you have created your own account and have added your class, your 4th grade students will be able to access Ohio’s 4th Grade Storia Collection through INFOhio’s PreK-5 page: http://www.infohio.org/students/er/grade/gk5
- When initially creating an account in Storia you will be prompted for an access code, which are assigned to each ITC. Your ITC is "NEOMIN". The teacher access code for NEOMIN is "ZVJHQ9H".
Flyer created by:
Coordinator of Library Application Software
Northeast Ohio Management Information Network