Mrs. Richardson's and Mrs. Dorothy's Kindergarten Class
November 10-14, 2014
Classroom iPad Needed
I have made my donation, have you?
Thanks to a few more parents and grandparents, we are getting closer to obtaining our classroom iPad. We now need just a little over $100. HAVE YOU DONATED YET? Please go online and donate, ANY amount is helpful. You can sent the donation to our classroom or make an online donation at:
I have made my donation, have you? Together we can make a difference in YOUR child's education.
Fall Festival . . . . . . . . . . Thursday 6pm-8pm
Thanksgiving Feast November 19
Highlights from Show and Tell
This week's assignment was to bring in a household item. Below Hunter is describing a skillet and Micah a tablespoon.
What's Going on in Class This Week . . November 10-14
Math: Graphing and Numbers 20-30
Social Studies: Thanksgiving
Letter of the Week: R, r
Assessments on Friday:
APTT Describing Presentation (Show and Tell)
Fall Festival 6-8
- Kindergarten is sponsoring a FUNNEL CAKE booth Come out, enjoy some funnel cake and support us!
Graphing - Students collecting data
Mrs. Richardson's Golden Apples
GOLDEN APPLE AWARD
Congratulations to these students who got a Perfect Score on ALL of their ELA tests.
- Samantha, Derrius, and Patience
Perfect Score/Spelling Test
- Samantha, Derrius, Patience
Perfect Score on Sight Word Test
- Samantha, Derrius, Natilie, Bayron, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Hunter, Patience
Perfect Score on Letter Sound Test:
- Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Malcom, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Bryan, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Hunter, Destiny, Erica, Patience, and Derek
Perfect score on Reading:
- Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Jayden, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Hunter, Destiny, Erica, and Patience
Math Assessments: These students have passed their FIRST assessment on the following math standards: Please remember that each student must pass 3 assessments over the course of the year in order to MASTER the standard.
Counting and Cardinality
CC1 Counting to 100
- Jaylen, Samantha, Derrius, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Destiny, Erica, Patience
CC2 Counting forward from any given number 0-100
- Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Destiny, Erica, Patience
CC5 Answering "How many objects are there?" Numbers 0-20
CC6 Comparing number of objects in a group (less than, more than, equal to)
CC7 Comparing two written numbers between 0-20
ELACCKL1d: Understand and use question words
- Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Hunter, Destiny, Erica, Patience
ELACCKL5: Sort common objects
ELACCKSL 2, 3 Ask/Answer questions about information presented orally
NBT 1 Composing and Decomposing numbers 11-29
MD1 Describe Measurable attribute of an object
MD2 Comapre 2 objects with a measurable attribute in common