Safety tips for using the Internet
By: Ashlyn and Erica
Social Networking Facts
- Social networks are a great way to stay in touch with long distance family and friends, sharing photos, video chatting and much more.
- Social networks are being used more and more everyday in the classroom, getting more students involved in the activities.
- News is spread fast through social media, which can be very beneficial by warning people about a various amount of things.
Tips on how to be safe on social networking sites.
- Do not give out any of your personal information (location, age, ect.)
- Do not talk to anyone you do not know
- Know how easy it is for people to lie to you, they could be pretending to be someone they are not
- Do not post inappropriate pictures of you or anyone else, there could be serious consequences
- Think about others before you post something that could embarrass them or yourself
- Do not be disrespectful to others online
- Use appropriate language while posting a status and or comments and messages to others
- Never meet with a person you have met online
Netiquette Rules to be online
- Do not type in all caps
- Do not post anything about other people, that you would not post about you
- Do not cyber bully
- Do not plagiarize
- Do not be disrespectful
- Do not use inappropriate language