Mrs. Lee's Weekly Update
News for the Week of September 12, 2012
Scholastic Book Order
This is a reminder that all Scholastic Book Orders are due by Thursday, September 13. I registered our class for online ordering. If you would like to order online, see the back of the order form. Our class code is LBJ3L.
Each kid has a subscription to Raz Kids, on online reading program. The kids love this program and it's another way for them to practice reading. You may use this at home by going to razkids.com. Our class username is sleeaav.
- Reading Workshop- using strategies when we get stuck on a word
- Shared Reading- comparing characters and settings, writing about our favorite Mrs. Wishy Washy book
- Writing Workshop- how to stretch out words slowly to become a smart speller, using resources around the room to help us write words correctly
- Math Workshop- turning data tables into bar graphs, interpreting bar graphs
- Social Social- comparing families here and across the world
Hip to Hip, Book in the Middle is how we read with our partners
Big Book Center
Smart glasses and pointers help us to read big books
Surveying friends to collect data
The McKinney-Vento Act form will be in your child's daily folder tomorrow. This needs to be signed and sent back to school by Friday.
Our classroom needs
Thank you for all of the supplies you provided at the beginning of the year. I've had some parents ask if there are any other things we need for our classroom. Below is a list of supplies at are always welcome:
- Clorox wipes
- Stickers (we use these for sticker stories)
- Fancy or cool pens (for writing center)
Mark Your Calendars
- Late Start Tomorrow September 12.
- Thursday, 9/13 Scholastic book orders due
- Thursday, 9/13 Chickfila Night at the Cherry Road location