C.E. King High School (Week 6)
From the Principal's Office
Another Great Week.....Coming Up!
WOW! What an awesome week we had! C.E. King High School really showed school spirit and I truly believe that it is a great time to be a Panther.
As we enter the 6th week of school, we are preparing for progress reports. This will be of particular interest for UIL involved students. Teachers, please help our students improve their grades (if needed), so they can continue participating in their respective activities. Coaches, Sponsors and Directors will continue to send students to tutorials during SMART lunch and after school. Whatever you can do to help is greatly appreciated. If a student is making an effort, it is ok to acknowledge the effort (re-test opportunities, make-up work etc.). Please refer to your Sheldon ISD grading procedures. We know the statistics about how extracurricular involvement increases graduation rates and lowers disciplinary issues. Sometimes teenagers need a motivational PUSH by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Please contact an administrator if you need any assistance. We want as many students as possible to maintain their UIL eligibility. Thanks for your support in advance.
These superwomen participated in style!!! Saving the day, one student at a time!
The faculty and staff tailgate was a success! It was a great time eating and catching up with each other before the big game! Special thanks to Mr. Hobbs for being the grill master!
College Bound Seniors!
Last Thursday, we had our annual senior night event. Students received a packet of potential college and university choices. College and Career Center Advisors, Teachers, Counselors and Administrators answered questions for parents about the college application and financial aid process. It was an awesome program! Special thanks to the College and Career Center, Advanced Academics, and the Counseling Department.
College Bound Seniors!
Announcements and Celebrations
1. This week we will follow our normal bell schedule. We will not have a pep rally on Friday....(Although last week's pep rally was awesome!!! Thanks to all involved!)
2. If you have a jersey you have yet to return, please bring it to Ms. Cantu's office first thing in the morning. I will return the jerseys to Coach Price after 1st period.
3. Be sure to finish your Online Training Modules (SafeSchools) by 9/30/2015. This is a firm deadline so get going if you have not started.
4. Teachers and Staff must park in the appropriate areas. Do not park in a spot that is labeled reserved or visitor.
5. Our nine weeks staff outing is being planned at this time. If you have any ideas, please email Ms. Arredondo ASAP. Our goal is to have a location and date picked by the end of the week. These outings are always fun because we get to bond as a staff. I believe this builds relationships with one another as we must work together each day.
6. Please be visible in the hallways during passing time and be at your morning or SMART lunch duty on time.
7. I need to see more PAWS on the PAWSITIVE Behavior Board! I know our students are doing some great things....lets show it!
8. Ms. Trevino is no longer serving as the Excel Academy Secretary. Mr. Hobbs and I are working to find a suitable replacement. Special thanks to Ms. Diaz for supporting the office at this time of transition.
9. If you are interested in being a mentor for a senior still needing to pass an EOC, please check Ms. Dockray's email and respond to her. We want to support this strategy as it was very successful last school year.
1. I want to celebrate everyone for their flexibility last week. We all had to "roll with the punches" in order to make Homecoming a success! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
2. Congratulations to our KHS Varsity Football Team for their win over Porter.
3. Our Homecoming 2015 King and Queen are........Tray Williams and Brianna Renteria!!! Congratulations....It was a wonderful night.
4. Sheldon ISD (C.E. King High School) has been awarded a grant for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for Science Education. TEA has funded this grant in partnership with the University of Houston-Downtown. Secondary Science teachers will be able to apply for free professional development opportunities and service learning projects with students. Special thanks to Dr. Emanuel and Ms. Lisa Steele (Science Curriculum Coordinator) for their assistance. This will be great for our students and teachers!
Have a Great Week KHS!