Dalewood UMC Connection
March 13, 2016
Dalewood United Methodist Church is a Joyful Christian Community where lives are transformed by God's Love and our love for one another.
Supper 'n Serve
Wednesday, March 23rd, 6pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
Join us on March 23th for our monthly Supper 'n Serve. This month we will Helping Ms Lisa fill Easter Eggs for our annual Easter Egg Hunt on March 26 at 10am. Invite your neighborhood children to join on for the Easter Egg Hunt.
A special Thanks to James Bryant and Gary Davenport for tilling the garden beds and preparing them for us to start working and planting in the community garden. If you would like to help out by planting, weeding, harvesting, or donating seeds, plants, tools, supplies, contact Anna Nokes or Charles Nokes.
- We want to invite you to join us during Holy Week;
- Palm Sunday on March 20th at 10am
- Supper 'n Serve on March. 23rd at 6pm
- Tenebrae service on Good Friday at 6:30pm
- Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 27th at 10am
- Easter morning breakfast (sausage, bacon, country ham, eggs, biscuits, gravy) on March 27th at 8am
- Easter Sunday service at 10am
- This is a special time in the church calendar and we want to share it with each of you. See you there!!
- Each Easter we decorate a Cross with fresh flowers to celebrate the resurrection and we are asking each of you to bring fresh flowers (from your yard/or bought) to help in this project as you come on Easter morning.
- Join us next Sunday, March 20th as we celebrate Palm Sunday. Our children will take part as they march in carrying palm branches.
- Easter Lilly Order - The worship team is taking orders for lilies in honor or memory of our loved ones. If you wish to order a lily, the cost is $10.00. The deadline for ordering is March 20th. See the bulletin for more information or contact the church office.
- The Trustee's are busy researching options for the Mission House and will be planning an informational meeting during the month of April. More news at a later date.
One of Dalewood's Charter Members, Anne Clymer, passed away on Sunday, March 13th. Her funeral will be at Dalewood UMC on Wednesday, March 16 at 1:00 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers during this time.