By: David Lee
1. Hydrogen is the lightest element.
2. Hydrogen is the first element in the periodic table, meaning it has an atomic number of 1 or 1 proton in each hydrogen atom.
3. The most common isotope of hydrogen is protium, which has 1 proton and 0 neutrons.
4. In compounds, hydrogen can take a negative charge or a positive charge.
5. The physical form of hydrogen at room temperature and pressure is a colorless and odorless gas.
How Hydrogen cars work?
The hydrogen car, hydrogen gas tank is located either in the trunk or under the floor of the vehicle. While the hydrogen gas is very flammable, it is not burned. Instead, the gas is passed through a fuel cell stack that mixes the pure hydrogen with atmospheric oxygen to generate electric current. The electricity is then used to power one or more electric motors driving the wheels.