Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, April 11th will be "Day 4 " for Encore*
Field Trip Reminder
Our field trip to Bull Run Park is on on Wednesday, April 13th. We will leave Pennington immediately after announcements so please be on time for school. We will be outdoors all day so dress according to the weather that day. Casual dress is permitted. Don't forget to bring a sack lunch and water-the park does not have fountains. Chaperones should arrive by 9:00a.m. and will ride the school buses with us.
Lifework-Week of April 11th-15th
- Monday: Read & log, Flat Stanley Project-sentences and addressed/stamped envelopes due tomorrow
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling-ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
Our current unit in science is Ecosystems/Habitats. Key concepts:
- habitats and how living things adapt when habitats change
- some living things become endangered/extinct
- living and non living things as part of a system
- how living things depend on each other (interdependence)
- the importance of plants and plant products
*The Ecosystems/Habitats test will be on Monday, April 11th. The study guide was sent home on Monday, April 4th
Our current unit in math is Unit 8 Fractions. Key concepts:
- Identify and write fractions of a region
- Identify and write fractions of a set
- Comparing unit fractions
Spelling Words-Test 4/15/16
Compound words and silent letters
Poem of the Month for April
A Caterpillar Crawled
A caterpillar crawled
To the top of the tree.
“I think I’ll take a nap,” said he.
So under a leaf he began to creep
To spin his cocoon,
And he fell asleep.
All winter long he slept in his bed,
‘Til spring came along one day and said,
“Wake up, wake up, little sleepyhead,
Wake up, it’s time to get out of bed.”
So he opened his eyes that sunshiny day.
Lo! He was a butterfly and flew away.
- 4/11-PTO Meeting-7p.m.
- 4/13-Second Grade Field Trip
- 4/15-PTO Spirit Night
- 4/18-No School-Teacher Work Day
- 4/19-4/22-Scholastic Book Fair
- 4/25-Advisory Council-6p.m.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music