By: Tyler Dunlap Bennett3
What is Retts Syndrome?
Retts is a "girls only", severe, and rare case of autism.- "Autism is when the brain is affected in the development of social and communication skills"(National Library Of Medication).
- This is caused by a mutation in the x chromosome. If a boy were to get Retts, he would die instantly because boys only have one x chromosome.
- Never passes on from parets. Its a mutation in her own DNA.
- Usually found right arount after 6 months.
- In most cases ends at a reletivaly young age as well.
- Slowing of head growth
- Loss of muscle tone.
- Losses purpose for hands. they can only rubb and wring.
- Stops talking and has extreme anxiety-Anxiety is when you become stressed over anything that can make you feel fustrated, angry, or nervous.
- Loss of coordination.
- Unusual eye movment.
- Breathing problems.
- Abnormal behavior.
- Although there is no cure, you can take certain medications to help symtoms.
- You can take physical therepy to prevent and help hand problems.
- Have proper nutrition.
- "Most severe case of autism."- Girl power 2 cure.
- "Another girl is born with Retts Syndrome every 90 minutes."- Girl power 2 cure.
- "Caused by single gene mutation that leads to under production of brain protien."- Girl Power 2 cure.