Edition #6-September 28, 2015
***Jump Rope for Heart Continues...Thanks to all for promoting this profound initiative and Lisa Mac for Leading it!
- Monday 9/28: DATA WALLS...3rd gr. from 8:30-11:30. K from 12-3. Leadership Team meeting from 3:30-4:30 in Reading Room...Final touches SIP!
- Tuesday 9/29: DATA WALLS...2nd gr. from 8:30-11:30. 1st gr. from 12-3. District Mentor meeting at MMS from 3:00-4:15.
- Wednesday 9/30: Early Release at 1:00. PAYDAY!!! All STAFF meeting in Media Center from 1:30-2 then PD plan!
- Thursday 10/1: Interim Reports go home!
- Friday 10/2: All Pro Dad 7:30-8:15 in Reading Room
***Also all STAFF meetings and Leadership/SIT meetings have been added to Google Calendar. We are trying hard to keep Wednesday our day!!!
Upcoming: Book Fair 10/5-10/9 (10/8 late night until 6:30)
REACH for the STARS
Pre Conference, Observations, and Post Conferences...Plus Walkthroughs!
Walkthroughs will be happening now as well. Lauren P, Susan O, Jemma C, Dr. Hill, Mrs. Robinson, and Dr. Cottone will all participate in providing walkthrough feedback.
Things we look for...Balanced Literacy, Hands on Math (manipulatives!), collaborative students, differentiated learning for all students, digital use that crosses the line, instructional assistants working with students, clear student expectations for what students are learning, i-can statement usage, student data tracking, and formative assessments used often!
Hearing and Vision Screening Information
HERE is the link for the Hearing and Screening schedule. This will take place on Wednesday September 30th. Computer class will be in Computer Lab and Music will be in the Reading Room on this day.
Staff, please know that we needed to change the Early Release Lunch Schedule. Again Lunch Schedule is DIFFERENT on this day only so that we could get all 1st and 3rd graders through Vision and Hearing screenings. Also 3rd grade is scheduled for lunch during their elective time, elective teachers can cover 3rd grade lunch.
Global Math Challenge
Global Math Challenge...Cheryl McCrorey shared this via email with ALL and I am putting in the Newsletter for everyone to consider. Cheryl you continue to LEAD by example!
Classes tweet out math challenges each day. Challenges are grade specific, so there is a spreadsheet telling you what classes are hosting for each grade each week. Challenges are on twitter, so you will need to follow the person for your grade on twitter. Sounds confusing, but really simple!
It's all set up, you don't have to "join", "sign up", or even participate every day.
- Cheryl McCrorey and her class for participating in international day of peace project! Check this video out!!! http://cmccrorey.blogspot.com/
- Lauren Pollock for creating this website for our PD this year. Also included on this page is the MGSD live binder and MGSD MTSS pages. https://sites.google.com/a/mgsd.k12.nc.us/south-pd-2015-2016/?pli=1
- Erin Micklow and Kathi Landis for a great start to our GOTR team!
- Joyce Farrow for creating this Title 1 page. Includes parent and student support ideas for reading...http://sestitlei.blogspot.com/
Silent "e" is "E"asY!!!
Student's act out what happens when that Magic "e" appears. Students who perform skills KNOW it!
If students make it they KNOW it! SHOUT out to Ms. Hornsby and class for student friendly Vocabulary Cards.
How about that delicious BBQ the other day. WOW we are lucky!!! Let's gear up for the best FALL FAIR later this month!