Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #22 January 18- January 22
Words of Inspiration...
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- I hope you are enjoying your day off. Please reflect on the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. http://viewpure.com/4LaAz6XXy6M?start=0&end=0
Tuesday, January 19
- Leadership meeting at 9:30am in the Principal's Conference Room
- Honor Roll Celebration during lunch: Check your mailbox for wristbands
Wednesday, January 20
- B'ball: Madras@ EC: Game time- 4:45pm
- Attendance Celebration during lunch: Check your mailbox for wristbands
- Winter Workshop at Central Office: Ms. Hicks and Dr. Jackson at Central Office
Thursday, January 21
- Happy Thursday!
- School Geography Bee: Remind participants to be in the Media Center at 11:30am
Friday, January 22
- Happy Friday!
- Grant presentation for Ms. Booth at the Newnan Center- 9:00am
- TSA at the West GA Technology Fair (see email from Ms. Booth)
- B'ball: Lee@ EC: Game time- 4:45pm
To Do List/Reminders
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: February 2nd (AdvancED visit) and February 9th (entire 7th grade will visit CEC during the morning classes).
- Click here: NEW DOMAIN view for Milestones available in SLDS.
- Update your Notebooks with the 3rd weeks pacing guide. This is the time to update your CLASS PROFILES as well. Use SLDS to update your Class Profiles with current Milestones Data.
- Complete the questions at the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/AnLHxM9Xpq
- Please complete the survey at the following link. The survey is part of our CCRPI. http://apps.gadoe.org/schoolclimate/personnel.nsf/Survey.xsp
- 7th GRADE HOMEROOM TEACHERS: Check your mailboxes for CEC flyers
- Be on the lookout for dates and responsibilities for Milestones review initiatives from Ms. Matthews-Curtis.
- Feedback for new Science Standards: > Survey for Feedback of Revised Science Standards
- Begin collaboration with your content partner about take home Milestones practice resources for students. Examples include but are not limited to websites, packets, workbooks, GADOE Milestones study guides, and online review sites.
- Begin collaborating with your content partner about students who will benefit from small group remediation review sessions for the Milestones Test.
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
Ms. Barnett tweets picture of students during Science Olympiad practice building bridges:
You Just Can't Hide that Indian Pride!
Congratulations to Ms. Blaire Booth on being awarded the Coweta Community Foundation grant! Ms. Booth plans to purchase solar cars for her students.
Thank you to all who participated in the PEP RALLY! Make sure you check out our Twitter feed on our website for more pictures and videos! http://www.cowetaschools.org/ecms/
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4