End of Second Quarter
Ka'imiloa's team with Professor Hattie after sharing their motivational journey with Visible Learning.
Mauka Lani Represents
Former MLES Principal, Shelley, and Amy attendees at the Visible Learning Institute.
CKSSC staff attends the Visible Learning Institute in October.
Wonders: ConnectEd Updates
- Collaborative Conversation videos – video of a teacher modeling collaborative conversations in the classroom
- More language options for school-to-home letters
- Audio recording and playback feature – students can record and submit oral reading samples for fluency evaluation
- New author videos – Dr. Doug Fisher and Dr. Tim Shanahan created additional Professional Development videos
SpringBoard: Professional Development
- Leadership Video Series: provides coaching support to instructional leaders implementing SpringBoard. The videos can be accessed on-demand via the SpringBoard Community (on the Instructional Leadership Tab). Along with the video, is a one-pager that summarizes the video and provides additional resources.
- End of Unit Assessment (EOU): EOU Assessments have been updated for Units 1-4. These are accessed through the SpringBoard Digital and are available online and can be printed. The EOU Assessments have tech-enhanced item types that appear on the SBA. 80% are multiple choice items and 20% are other item types that require manual scoring.
- Lesson Planner: Coming soon! The learning targets, standards, and strategies will automatically populate within the lesson planner.
- Turnitin Revision Assistant: This is the pilot year for this function and SpringBoard is seeking feedback and will continue building out the functionality throughout the year. A user guide is available on the SpringBoard Community under ELA News. This is meant to be used as a support for students during the revision process – not for grading purposes.
- Audio Files: Audio files are available for Unit 1 passages so that students can listen to performed readings of the text as they read along. This can be used to support rereading during close reading, to foster persistence when reading complex texts, and as a scaffold support for students. SpringBoard is working on adding the subsequent units over the next few months.
Ho'okele FLL Robotics Team
Ho'okele RoboRays showing their Excellence Award.
Holomua FLL Robotics Team
Holomua's Beach Bot Buddies taking time to to take a picture at Le Jardin.
Iroquois Point FLL Robotics Team
TechnoIPES represent at the State Championship at the Neal Blaisdell Exhibition Hall.
Tech tip for this month...
Resources and Suggestions from the Math Common Assessments
Math Letters Home
Stepping Stones Resources by Wesley Yuu
Stepping Stones ELL Training
HIDOE CCSS Algebra Curricula
Smarter Balanced Assessments
All Interims Available to All Students Except High Schoolers
End-of-Course Exams for Algebra 1 and Algebra 2
SBA Training for New Test Coordinators
Who: New Test Coordinators (Principals, experienced test coordinators, and CA staff may attend on a space-available basis)
What: Familiarization with guidelines, test security, accessibility & accountability, interims, procedures, test sessions, requirements, and reporting.
When: February 16, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: McKinley Community School for Adults
Why: Training to cover materials shared at the January 2015 Hawaii Statewide Assessment Program Training
More information at the following link: https://goo.gl/JgtEJB