Homeroom Activity 12/9/15
Required Check-In process for Seniors!
December 18th is the last day of 1st Semester and Niles North will be closed from 12/19/15 - 1/11/16. Here are some important dates and information you should note:
- Friday, December 11 = The last day to request a Counselor Letter of Recommendation or inform your counselor of any new applications with a January 1-15 deadline.
- Thursday, December 17 by 3PM = Last day to request a transcript through Parchment for any non Common App schools that have a January 1 deadline.
- December 16-18 = Final exams! The final exam website is up and running. Be sure to check your exam schedule!
Stop by the CRC (Room 1255) this Thursday and Friday during a free period to complete your Senior Check-In. Your Mid-Year Transcript will not be released until you have completed this check-in and updated your Naviance account. This process will take 5 minutes!
You will update the following sections:
- Colleges I'm applying to
- "Have you applied?" Section
- Admissions decisions "Admit, Deny, etc."
Common App School:
- Your counselor will submit your mid-year transcript.
Non Common App School:
- It is your responsibility to find out if they require a mid-year transcript, which you will then send via Parchment.
- To request midyear Transcripts for non Common App schools go to Parchment and be sure to select the "HOLD FOR GRADES" option under the "When do you want this sent?" question. (example below)
*IF you do not complete the Senior Check-In (Thursday-Friday) your transcript will not be processed.
Financial Aid Information
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not available until January 1, 2016.
- Financial Aid Night @ Niles North is on January 13th at 6:30pm - mark your calendars!
- FAFSA Completion Workshop will be on Saturday, January 16th, from 10am-2pm in the IRC.
- Apply now for your FSA ID needed to complete your FAFSA in January (a parent will also need one so they can apply now as well). Go to: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
If you have any questions please talk to your counselor. Thanks!