Skulls and Roses
Drawing the Human Skull and Some Pretty Flowers
- Learn how to draw the human skull (the underpinning of the human face), which will help me in upcoming projects
- Learn how to draw a rose through a method of my choice
- Combine my skull drawing with rose drawings to create a unified pencil drawing with shading
In this lesson we will be looking at the human skull to help us with upcoming projects. The skull is the underpinning of the human face and knowing how to draw it will help us with drawing faces. For this assignment you will need to draw a skull with roses around it. Compose this any way you would like. Use pencil and make sure to shade with a variety of values. Below you will find resources to help you with this assignment.
This video by Proko is an inspiring illustration of the skull. Notice his methods and see if you can try some in your drawing.
Roses are beautiful flowers, full of meaning. Their multi layered petals makes them a challenge to draw. You can draw an open rose or buds, or both.
Simple "S" Rose
This drawing method starts with the letter S and builds.
Starting with a spiral you can also build to make a rose.
- A shaded skull (core shadow, midtones, highlights)
- At least 2 roses (also shaded)
- Good use of space on your paper (not too small)
- Good use of class time to complete your drawing
Submit on Schoology when complete and turn in to the Turn In Box