Coyle Counselors Corner
Information and Updates- Week of May 4th
Let's Stay in Touch
Coyle Counselors (Mrs. Benton, Mrs. Coleman, and Mrs.Dryer) will have office hours daily to serve students and their families.
Monday - Friday, from 10am-11am and 1-2 pm, you can join the Google Meets session and ask us any questions you may need answered. To join the video meeting, type the meeting code, coylecounselor.
Also, our Responsive Services Counselor, Ms. Johnson, will have office hours M,W, F from 11am- 12pm and T & Th from 1pm- 2pm . She can also talk about any social/emotional struggles you may be having during this uncertain time. She can be reached on the Google Meet link listed below.
Join a video meeting with Ms. Johnson, click this link: http://meet.google.com/tom-qjue-xwm
You can also contact us directly, if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs.Coleman (alpha A-G)
Mrs.Dryer (alpha H-O)
Mrs.Benton (alpha P-Z)
Ms.Johnson (responsive services)
How to Virtually Meet with a Counselor
- Login to Google Meets using your GISD email account. You can also download the Google Meets App on your phone, however you must use your GISD email account.
- Enter the meeting code "coylecounselor" during our virtual office hours, Monday -Friday 10-11am & 1-2 pm. If you need a different meeting time, send us an email and we can schedule a different time for you.
- After you enter the meeting code, click "join meeting" and you can virtually meet with one of the counselors.
Need A Break???
- Go to Ready Hub, and click on the "Ever Fi App"
- In the top right corner of your Ever Fi dashboard, enter the code: e7df1b2b
- Enter your username (s+ lunch number)
- Choose an activity and enjoy some time just for you
This Week's Suggested Activities: Relationships & Community
High School Endorsements & High School Scheduling
All high school endorsements have been entered and signed for (both parent and student).
If you have questions about your high school endorsement or signature, please contact your counselor.
All schedules for next year has been completed. If you have any questions about your classes, please visit with us during our virtual office hours. Simply go to Google Meets and enter the meeting code "coylecounselor" ,M-F 10-11am or 1-2 pm, and we'll be happy to help. You can also send us an email and we can discuss your scheduling questions with you.
If you are a current 8th grade student interested in cheer next year, please see the information below. High School Tryouts will be conducted virtually.
- Applications for High School Cheerleading Tryouts are now open.
- The deadline to submit your tryout application is MAY 8th.
- Details and information can be found at the following website: https://sites.google.com/garlandisd.net/virtualtryouts/home
Current 6th and 7th grade students interested in cheer, the district is not conducting tryouts at this time. Hang tight! Middle school tryouts will indeed take place, as soon as more information comes out, we will let you know.
Wellness Resources and Information
Click on the links below to get some wellness information. This week's topics include cyber-safety and dealing with grief. Feel free to share these presentations with your parents and other members of your family.
We miss each and every one of you! Drop in during virtual office hours and say hello :-)