See the Stars at East
Community Night and Chorus Raffle
Dinner, East Middle Chorus and Meet and Greet
Thank You KPTO!!!
Bullying -- Mrs. Houpe, Deputy Jones and Mrs. Rader
Leader in Me -- Mrs. Tilley
Blended Learning -- Mr. Brown
Spring Board -- Mrs. Charles
PBIS -- Mrs. Wansley
· What is PBIS? PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Intervention and Support. It is a behavior plan that provides a framework for supporting positive behavior in our school.
· Why do we do PBIS? To promote positive behavior in a structured manner.
· What are the benefits of PBIS? It helps to control student behavior, standardizes expectations of all students, and acknowledgement of students who behave appropriately.
· What does PBIS look like at EIMS? The model we emphasize at EIMS is that Knights are always respectful, responsible, and cooperative. We consider this our “universal expectations” for student behavior.
· How are students rewarded? Those students who successfully model our schools universal expectations for a 2 week period get to attend special events called UE events.
· What do UE events look like at EIMS? Staff and students are constantly working together to find innovative ways to reward positive student behavior. Some exciting new ideas for this year included a pep rally with interactive games and cheers. A student vs. staff and student vs. student volley game accompanied with half time grade level games and cheers. New for this year is also grade level incentive days on early release. We have many exciting things for students to look forward to this year such as a Christmas dance, student vs. staff basketball game, and the talent show.