Inspire Social Justice Ad Contest
“I have a dream”-MLK Jr.
Share Your Dream!
I would like to welcome you all to put your creative, innovative, inspirational talents together to create submissions for the Social Justice Ad Contest. To acknowledge the positive contributions of Martin Luther King Jr. , the Social Justice Ad Contest invites Curry Community members to create a poster or 2 minute video detailing what you feel a Socially Just World looks, a Utopia, through artistic expression.
Arguably one of the most influential moments in our history, MLK Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech addressed a nation that struggled to live up to its ideals and include all members of society into a racially, economically, socially just America. It is with the spirit and intent of his speech that we ask you to create a submission for the Social Justice Ad Contest.
Each Submission Must Include:
· Original works of art that:
· Demonstrate aspects of social justice, diversity and/or inclusion, which may include: disability, nationality, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, ancestry, etc.
· Invoke the intent/message of Martin Luther King Jr. I Have a Dream Speech
Submissions Must Include:
· Poster must be submitted 18x24 sized paper
· Videos must be 2 minutes in length
· Must be submitted in both hard copy and electronic format
· Open to Curry students, faculty and staff