B. F. Skinner
November 19, 2015
- Believed the way we turn out is a result of what we learn from all the operations we make over the years
- Law of Effect - rewarded behavior is likely to recur
- Created the Skinner Box - Showed how we can create and develop efficient learning techniques
Shaping vs. Chaining
- Successive behavior rewarded to get desired results
- Reinforces are used to encourage and strengthen behavior
- Example - Learning how to swim
- Reinforcing the connection between parts of a sequence
- Example - Learning Algebra
We love to hear your opinion!
Module 6 Lesson 1 Classical or Operant Assignment due TODAY!!!