The Federal Drug Advertisement
FDA Requirements for advertising Drugs
Key components within the main part of the ad:
- the name of the drug
- at least one FDA -approved use of the drug
- most significant risks of the drug
- must include a brief summary about the drug this generally includes all the risks listed in its approved prescribing information.
- must include the drugs most important risks, has to be spoken
- and has to be written or a variety of sources for viewers to find the prescribing information for the drug.
What is the FDA
an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products for human use, and medical devices