Monthly tech tips, tricks, and highlights from ITS Team!
Campus Highlight: Kilpatrick
Third grade teacher, Ms Letitia Elkins, is taking advantage of Google Classroom's blended learning capabilities. With Classroom, teachers can:
- post questions and topics for engaging in-class discussions
- can be used for any subject for personalized learning and communication
- attach relevant videos, documents, websites
- upload any files (pdf, image, doc) to Google Drive and assign in Classroom
- grade & return student work in real-time.
The Speech department is finding innovative ways to engage students in learning by using their new humanoid robot, aka "Fred," in their class. Students can interact on their own level with this autonomous, programmable robot and practice communication and social interaction skills. "Fred" also helps with sequencing and cause and effect skills.
Hour of Code
What is it?
The Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics.
Click here to have your students practice coding!
Make plans to host an hour of code with your class for the week of December 7-11. You can sign up here.
This Month's Featured Web Tools
Chrome Extension: Share to Classroom
Make using Google Classroom even easier!
Wonderopolis: critical thinking portal
These wonders offer multidisciplinary content including a brief history of the subject matter, a list of related activities, a glossary of terms, and advanced options for further learning.
- Web-based (no subscription necessary)
Glogster: digital canvas
- Free app
- Web-based (subscription required)