Fashion Trends of the 1920's
By: Calynn and Ali
During the modernist era, women gained freedoms and independence, and represented it through their fashions. Their fashion trends changed from longer to shorter, high-waisted dress/pants to low-waisted dress/pants, became more revealing. Not only their fashion changed, every women had the "bobbed" hairstyle.
- Mannequins were used more.
- Velvet, silk, and furs were for the wealthy, and cottons and wool were cheap.
- There were a lot more of hooks, buttons, zippers, snaps, and scarves.
- A huge fashion statement was the bell-shaped cloche hat.
- Popular shoes were ankle straps, pumps, and T-straps.
- Make-up was not accepted before the 1920's, but became used.
- Alchin, Linda. "1920's Fashion for Women." Facts: History, Designers and Pictures of Dresses ***. Siteseen Ltd., Apr. 2016. Web. 06 May 2016.
- Alchin, Linda. "1920s Men's Fashion." 1920's Men's Fashion: Styles, Trends and Clothes ***. Siteseen Ltd., Apr. 2016. Web. 06 May 2016.