Learning Community Meeting
Sept. 20, 2017
Parent Liaisons, Please RSVP to Meeting - Thank You!
Learning Community Meeting @ Elkins Pointe MS School
Wednesday, Sep. 20th, 9:30am-1pm
11290 Elkins Road
- Please arrive at Elkins Pointe at 9:15 am. After you sign in in the front office, please head down the hall to the Media Center. You can walk down either hallway, and you will see the Media Center through the big glass windows. Come on into the Media Center and make yourself comfortable.
- We will be starting the meeting promptly at 9:30 am to be respectful of our time and because I have a lot for us to do in this timeframe!
- A light lunch will be provided to fuel us through this meeting because we have a lot to accomplish and we will be powering through. Please RSVP so I know how much food to provide.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Items to Bring
Please Bring to Meeting:
- ONE of the Binders issued by Kim & Tonya
- INSERTS for the Binder issued by Kim & Tonya
- Documentation to Date (Yup all the papers). Make sure they are hole punched!
- A stapler and a staple remover (please label it)
- An example Flyer of Agenda from a Parent University Workshop. This is an EXTRA copy for me to keep.
- Lipstick because we are making a video! We talked about doing this last year, but we are really going to do it this year.
Note: Proposed Agenda will be available shortly. It will be linked (here).
If you would like to add an item to the agenda or be a presenter, please email Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
⁉️ What's going to be on the on the Agenda⁉️
1) Documentation and Compliance
- Annual Title I Parent Meeting Rubric (download below)
- Website Compliance Rubric (download below)
- Binder Documentation - Hard copy
- Electronic Documentation to the District (Tonya Bowie/Kim Howard)
2) Due Dates (see below)
- Annual Title I Parent Mtg by 9/29
- Website by 9/29
- School-Family Compacts collected before 10/31
- Parent & Family Engagement Plan on Website by 9/29
- PKES & SMART Goals (According to your Principal/AP)
- Building Staff Capacity by 11/17
3) Building Staff & Parent Capacity
- October is the perfect time to build Staff & Parent Capacity
- Compacts & Conferences
- November is Family Engagement Month...Bring your ideas to engage our families!
- We are MAKING a VIDEO for GADOE! Yup, that right we are going to make a video for GADOE. Dress spiffy and bring your favorite lipstick to be ready to be camera ready!
- Let's Get Ready to GADOE!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: DEADLINES & DUE DATES
RUBRICS TO HELP WITH ANNUAL TITLE I MTG & WEBSITE COMPLIANCE
BUILDING STAFF CAPACITY RESOURCES
suggestions for building school staff capacity to partner with parents and family members
GADOE PowerPoint Presentation on Building Staff Capacity
NORTH LEARNING COMMUNITY MEMBERS & PD DISTRICT DATES
GADOE RESOURCES...JUST FOR YOU!!
- Click here to see the 2017 GADOE Parent Leaders
- Check back with GADOE in October to see if they have posted the application
- Start to think about a parent in your school who would make a good nomination for this award!
1. Visit the GADOE Family & Community Engagement page, by clicking here.
- Welcoming all Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and the community are active participants in the life of the school and feel welcomed, valued, and connected to each other, to school staff, and to what students are learning and doing in school
- Communicating Effectively with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families/community and school staff engage in regular, two-way, meaningful communication about student learning
- Supporting Student Success – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and school staff continuously collaborate to support students’ learning and healthy development both at home and at school, and have regular opportunities to strengthen their knowledge and skills to do so effectively
- Empowering Families – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families are empowered to be advocates for their own and other children, to ensure that students are treated fairly and have access to learning opportunities that will support their success
- Sharing Leadership with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families/the community and school staff are equal partners in decisions that affect children and families and together to inform, influence, and create policies, practices, and programs
- Collaborating with Families and the Community – the structure of the family and community engagement system that ensures families and school staff collaborate with community members to connect students, families, and staff to expanded learning opportunities, community services, and civic participation
2. Bookmark the GADOE Events and Conferences page, click here.
- The Statewide Instructional Leadership Conference will be held on October 16-18, 2017 at the Macon Centreplex.
- If you are planning to go the conference, you will want to stay on top of this page.
3. Bookmark the GADOE Family-School Partnership Program page, click here. This page contains the resources you will need as a Parent Liaison. Here are the links to the other pages you can access from this page: