The Coach's Corner
Keeping Taylor Teachers in the Know- February 15-19
But seriously...WHERE DO ALL THE PENCILS GO?!?
Tuesday- Vocabulary Parade
Wednesday- 5th Grade PLC, ITL Meeting
Thursday- 4th Grade PLC
Friday- GMT- 3rd Grade Virtual Math PD
- Notes from the Curriculum Department:
- 3rd Grade Professional Learning will be held on Friday, February 19, 2016. Please have teachers that are attending sign up on Eduphoria Workshop. Times for the professional learning are: 7:30 to 8:30 am; 12:00 to 1:00 pm; and 3:00 to 4:00 pm. You will also have the option to watch the recorded version the next week if those times don't work. Please let me know what time you will be participating by next Wednesday!
- 1st Grade Professional Learning will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2016. This session will be held from 3:00 to 4:00pm. Please advise all teachers attending to register on Eduphoria Workshop for credit.
Shout out to 2nd Grade for their hard work during their virtual PD this week!! Here is an example of the progression of teaching multiplication that they created on sentence strips. This can be kept at teacher table to help you decide where a student is on the progression and what the appropriate next steps could be.
ELAR Professional Learning
- Kindergarten - April 1, 2016
- First Grade - March 25, 2016
- Second Grade - March 18, 2016
- Third Grade - February 26, 2016
- Fourth Grade - February 19, 2016
We will celebrate the successes teachers have had with implementing the ELAR cluster pre-assessments and the utilization of that data in developing common formative assessments. Teachers will need to bring (1) an example of how they have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs and (2) a technology device.
Here is a neat visual to help students focus in on the main idea of a text. Their retelling can be narrowed down to the "most important" information using different sized sticky notes or index cards: