Mr. Delozier's Senior Field Trip
Statistics // Spring 2016
About the Trip
We will be going to a Greenville Swamp Rabbits hockey game at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in order to look into the job of a statistician. The information obtained will be used to complete the project due on February 26, 2016. Any parents interested in coming please email me at email@example.com.
Important Dates and Times
- Feb. 12th: Permission Slip and $30 per ticket
- Feb. 19th: Meet at school at 5:45 with $12 per person for Ryan's buffet.
- Game will last from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- PS.SPID.2* Use statistics appropriate to the shape of the data distribution to compare center and spread of two or more different data sets that include all real numbers.
- PS.SPID.4 Use the mean and standard deviation of a data set to fit it to a normal distribution and to estimate population percentages. Recognize that there are data sets for which such a procedure is not appropriate. Use calculators, spreadsheets, and tables to estimate areas under the normal curve