Stars and Wishes
1. 5th Grade is done with MAP testing!! Congratulations!
2. ALL MAP testing is done. Thank you all for your hard work in getting our students tested and for preparing them for this important testing period.
4. Amazing writing projects! Our students are growing so much in this area. Thank you for your hard work in making sure they are successful writers!
5. The i-ready results are very positive. The students are showing a lot of growth!
A Wish or two or three:
1. Please make sure to send post cards to your students before the last day of school.
Definition: Gratitude, the feeling of appreciation or thanks
1. Our students; The words and thoughts they put on your poster board put a smile on my face. They truly love you all!
2. We only have about 2 weeks of school left.
3. My mom
Getting Down to the WIRE!!!
At A Glance
Things that are coming up and due dates:
- Your Growth Plan and Summative will need to be finalized in May. Be finishing up anything you need to in order to complete your Growth Plan.You will also fill in the reflection section as well. Let me know if you need help. If you were on the evaluation cycle, I need to sit down and go over this with you. Please connect with me so we can get a date set to go over this.
Week of May 9th-13th
9th- Becky Ash 8:45-11:30
9th- Honor Choir field trip 9:30-11:30
9th- Gift of Time for 5th
9th- Retirement Party after school
10th- MVP luncheon
10th- Becky Ash 8:45-11:30
10th- 5th grade to SDC-
11th- Principal's meeting- Teri gone
11th- 3rd Grade Field Trip
11th- 5th grade All city orchestra-6:15
12th- Emily Summative 9:15
12th- PTA planning
12th- Kindergarten Field trip-
12th- Walking Field Trip- SPED
13th- Field Day- I will gone. This is Connor's graduation from MSU.
13th- HYVEE movie night at dusk
Update on my dad:
We have taken a bit of a break on chemo until my dad can gain some strength. He is eating a bit better this week, fingers crossed that he continues this. My brother, sister-in-law and Caeli will be here on the 11th for Connor's graduation. Hopefully this will lift his spirits and he will continue to get stronger.
Calendar for May
16th- Career Day
17th- Famous Missourians- morning
17th- 3-5 MAP celebration- afternoon
18th- Celebration Assembly- 9:30 and 5th grade clap out
19th- Last day of school- 2 hour early release
Duties for May 9th-13th
Front Sidewalk Duty: SUBS
Car- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday- Sweet/Wednesday and Friday- Smith
Names- T. Sweet
Parking Lot Exit-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Pheonix/Wednesday and Friday- Maxwell
GRADE LEVEL/DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MARCH ASSEMBLY:
May- THEME COMMITTEE RESPONSIBLE
HAVE NAMES READY FOR THE MANN HUDDLE BY THIS DATE:
Have 2 Brag Tag names and 1 MVP ready for the assembly on the 25th
MVP LUNCHEON DATE FOR THIS MONTH’S MVPS: May 10th
Please send home the MVP letter with your student. They are located on Canvas.
Birthdays and Recognition Days
ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ON CANVAS. Please make sure you know when you are responsible for your day or month.
Tessa Sweet- 5/18
Marilyn Sweet 5/23
Ben McVicker- 6/1
Donna Dickens- 6/5
Laura Wrinkle- 6/12
Cat Krepinnevich 7/4
Nancy Martin 7/12
August Birthdays: (up until we start school)
Danielle Carson- 8/2