OVS K-5 Newsletter
Omaha Virtual Elementary School
End of Year Information
Last Day to Submit Work
The last day for students to turn in quarter 4/semester 2 work will be Monday, May 24th at midnight 11:59 PM. If questions/concerns arise, please make be sure to communicate with your learner's teacher.
Online Support Sessions
May 10th-May 24th, Monday-Friday.
- Starting on Monday, May 10th, K-5 teachers will be in touch with learning coaches whose learners are not on pace and/or need teacher support. They must attend live support sessions during these last few weeks. Sessions will be updated on Teams.
Pick Up/Drop Off Day
What: End of year pick up/drop off
When: 11-2 pm, Tuesday, May 25th
Where: TAC Parking Lot
Keep for summer if:
- You live in OPS district and will return to OVS or another OPS school
Return iPad if:
- Transferring out of the OPS district
- Family resides outside the OPS district, even if returning next year. They will be redistributed next year.
Don't forget to return keyboards and charging cords as well!
High School Devices:
If you also have a high school student, they will ALL return their devices regardless of whether they will stay in OPS next year.
You will be able to pick up:
- Summer Reading Books
- MAP Scores
- MTSS-B Prizes
- School Picture Proofs
- Other items left at school
Free Metro Transportation for K-12th Grade Students!
Ms. Rogers' Classroom Info
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work and the hard work of your learner. We all went through a lot this year and sometimes it wasn’t easy. But we made it! I can only hope that next year is back to normal and I will be able to see everyone face-to-face! I will be moving to 4th and 5th grade, but am still looking forward to seeing my 2nd graders become 3rd graders. I hope all learners continue to read over the summer and spend some quality time outside, enjoying family and friends. I’m wishing the same thing for me. 😜
Mrs. Walker's Class
Please see the information above about device turn in/item pick up. Each learner will be given a set of books for the summer to read.