Summit High School
- Spring MAP Testing Schedule. We are MAP Testing this week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Our bell schedule has been slightly modified to accommodate testing. Here is our modified bell schedule for the week of April 12th: different bell schedule.
Attention AP Students! College Board has made a few changes to some digital exams. Please review the AP 2021 attachment. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Tedder at MendVi@fusd.net.
- Students, just a reminder that your teachers are available for Support Time each morning between 8:10 - 9:00 AM, as well as on Wednesday afternoons between 1:05- 3:10 PM.
- On Wednesdays, our amazing Counselors are offering Wellness Wednesday activities during student support time! Come and hang out and enjoy some relaxing “you” time.
- We have our Grab and Go meals each Wednesday between 9:00 - 11:00 AM and between 2:00 - 5:00 PM. There is a new menu this month.
- Sophomores & Juniors- Link Crew Leader Applications are now available! Apply to be a Link Crew Leader in our award winning program! More details here. Application are due this Friday!
- Summer School sign-ups will begin next Monday, April 19th. Click here for all the information regarding our Summer School.
- Seniors! Do you have questions about college or financial aid? Mr. Jennings and Mrs. Kiggins are here to help you every Wednesday from 7-9 PM. Click here for more info.
- We will be hosting a Parent Workshop on how to navigate Microsoft Teams and participate in their child's education. We'll be covering how students/parents can use channels, complete assignments, access the ClassNotebook, and use the calendar in order to be successful. This workshop will be offered on April 14th at 6PM. Register here.
- Summit Counselors will be hosting a Parent Workshop series on Mondays from 6-7 PM. April 19 on Loneliness, April 26 on Adaptation, and May 3 on Gratitude. More info and how to register here.
- Parents, we will have a Parent Advisory Gate Meeting on April 19th at 6:00 PM via Teams. The link will be e-mailed the week before the meeting. We hope you can join us!
- Seniors, you have another “eggsciting” gift coming your way on April 21st. More details to follow.
Congratulations to our awesome Baseball team who defeated FOHI this past Friday! Also, congratulations to our fantastic Football team who got the win against San Gorgonio on Saturday. Way to SOAR!
- Here are the sports happening this week. If you have any questions regarding sports, please contact our Athletic Director, Robert Peterson, at PeteRa@fusd.net.
- Wednesday, 4/14 at 4 PM- Varsity Baseball - Away vs. Fontana
- Friday, 4/16 at 4 PM - Varsity Baseball - Away vs. AB Miller
- Saturday, 4/17 at 10 AM - Varsity Football - Away vs. Jurupa Hills
Just a reminder that due to the pandemic, most employees are working remotely. The best way to contact one of us is through e-mail, and you should receive a quick reply. We’re still readily available to support you. Listed below are some of our more popular e-mails:
Mr. Cerda ASB Director: email@example.com
Ms. Tedder, AP Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
ASB Bookkeeper: email@example.com
Ms. Kiggins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ciprian: email@example.com
Ms. Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gonzalez-Torres: email@example.com
Ms. Buoye: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Murillo: email@example.com
Mr. Lopez, Assistant Principal 12th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hannon, Assistant Principal 11th Grade: email@example.com
Mr. Peterson, Athletic Director and 10th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Guerrucci-Pierce, Assistant Principal 9th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Castanon, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an e-mail that isn’t listed here, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll provide it.
As always, have a wonderful week!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2020-2021 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade & Athletic Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: MO - ROD
Last names: ROJ - Z