We're still working in our Rocks Study and it has been a BLAST!
Getting to know all the cool things we can do with rocks and exploring their features is making kids aware of their surroundings and is helping them get involved with nature. They have been learning some BIG words too, so make sure you establish a conversation with them and talk about igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks!
We also had a special visitor from ARIZONA! Katie Palmer is the Museum Educator at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. She holds a PhD in Musical Arts and a Master's in ethnomusicology and came to ISP this week and had a fun African music workshop with your children!
Before wrapping up our study, we're going to investigate some more and we're gonna get ready to go on our Carnival Break, celebrating SPIRIT WEEK!
Spirit week is about showing how proud we are to be members of the ISP Community!
Remember there are specific dress codes for those days and that there's a Home-School connection activity in which you can talk and ask your children about their favorite things in ISP!
It's gonna be a fun and busy week, let's rock it!!!
Books of the week
African Music Workshop!
M Y S T E R Y R E A D E R
THANK YOU MRS. ERIKA!!! :)
"R" is for ROCK!
We're gathered here today to cut open a SQUASH!!!
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 12-1pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
2. We need swimming gear to have Fun in the sun!!! (day #5).
3. I look forward to meet you all during next week's Open House!
4. Picture retakes will be on Feb 4th.
5. We're having a School Supplies Drive for our sister school in Las Trancas from Feb 1st-Feb 19th (not including Carnival Break!!). PK 4 was assigned to help with 2 pencil erasers, 2 pencil sharpeners and 1 dozen pencils.
6. Remember to send craft bags back on Monday!