LCS WILDCAT CLIPS
April 1, 2020
Library Book Check-out:
Lake Country School is offering students the opportunity to check out books during our closure. Please follow the directions below if your child would like to check out a book(s) from the Lake Country School library:
- Access Destiny, our online card catalog here to check on book availability.
- Select Lake Country School at the top of the page.
- Choose Catalog on the top menu bar.
- Search for the book title or author or subject using the Find box. Note that ebooks available at this link are currently available only to grades 5K-8th grade using their Google login credentials.
- Email Mrs. Jensen, our librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org the book title(s) & author(s). (Note: Book quantities listed in Destiny may not be current. Therefore, we recommend listing additional titles.)
- Check your email. Mrs. Jensen will respond when your books are ready. (As a precautionary measure, book covers will be wiped down before/after checkout.)
- Pick up your books. Books will be bagged, labeled with your name, and available inside of the main school entrance/vestibule. (Please feel free to return your books in the designated bin which will also be available at the entrance.)
If you were notified to pick up items for your child, they will be left in the vestibule just inside the front doors. Please use the main entrance door labeled #3 to pick up the items between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If you need to get into the building outside of these times, please contact Mark Lichte, Administrator at 262.367.3606 x114
A message from the Arrowhead Area Summer School Cooperative:
Arrowhead Area Summer School Cooperative registration is on hold until we have a clear understanding of the Covid-19 virus protocol. Due to the Covid-19 shutdown, Summer School registration is postponed until further notice.
Virtual Learning/Technical Questions:
Students/parents/caregivers are advised to communicate with the child’s classroom teacher first, with any questions or concerns. Classroom teachers will help answer or solve the question or concern, or they will reach out to the appropriate staff member (technology director, administrator, etc.) to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Tech questions that can not be solved by the teacher, can be directed to the LCS Virtual Learning Tech Helpline - Please note that this link is available on the home screen of the Lake Country School website.
If you have not yet placed an order and would like to, please do so as soon as possible. You can do this by going into Skyward Family Access, Fee Management, Add A Fee and select Yearbook. You can also check to see if you have one on order by following these same steps.
If you have any problems placing your order, email Lisa Acton at email@example.com.
Yearbook Photos Needed:
4K & 5K Screening:
Mad Science At Home:
Visit Mad Science at milwaukee.madscience.org for at home science experiments and more that you can do with your kids. They will post new "At Home" experiments weekly while schools are closed. This weeks release's are:
and Balloon Bond