August 16, 2023: Information Day Edition
Dear Erickson Families,
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! We can't wait for the school year to start.
We are looking forward to seeing you TODAY for Information Day between 3:00-6:00. In the Erickson gym you will find the following information:
- Class Lists: Class lists have been thoughtfully created by all the staff at Erickson and can not be changed. I know each student will thrive in the class that was assigned to them!
- Bus Route Information: Bus Routes are created by First Student Bus Company. If you have a bus safety CONCERN, CHANGE needed, or would like to DECLINE bus transportation, please fill out the BUS TRANSPORTATION FORM. Please review THIS NOTICE from First Student Bus Company regarding individual house stops. The district will continue using the FIrst View Bus App for tracking bus routes. Each family will be receiving information for the First View Bus App from the district around the first week of school. Review the FIRST VIEW BUS APP INFORMATION GUIDELINES.
- Nurse Hartnett will be in the gym if you any medical questions.
- 2023-2024 School Supply List
- 2023-2024 School Year Calendar
- PTO Information: Learn about the Erickson PTO, Sign up to volunteer at events, purchase a kindergarten tote bag or supply pouch (if needed), and check out Erickson Spirit Wear.
- The Library, Boy Scouts and Park District (The park district runs the before and after school care program at Erickson) will also be in attendance.
Please feel free to walk around the building to find your class! Teachers look forward to meeting you on Wednesday, August 23 from 2:30-3:30.
If you are unable to attend Information Day, class lists and bus routes will be available in the lobby until the first day of school! Feel free to stop by and pick up the information.
Important Beginning of the Year Dates
- August 18- 3:00-4:00: NEW STUDENTS (1st-5th grade only) and their FAMILIES Meeting (new families received an invite by Miss Naples - Advisor to New Students)
- August 23rd - 2:30-3:30: MEET THE TEACHER/SCHOOL SUPPLY DROP OFF (ALL GRADES: Preschool-5th Grade). Bring your school supplies to drop off and meet your new teacher!
- August 24th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL -1st-5th Grade (8:40-3:30)
- August 24-25: Kindergarten Assessment - Kindergarten Families should call the office 630-529-2223 to schedule a time for Aug. 24-25.
- August 28th: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL -Preschool (AM-8:50-11:20 or PM-12:50-3:20) & Kindergarten (AM-8:40-11:30) or (PM-12:40-3:30)
Please reach out if you have any question or concerns. The best way to reach me would be via email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-529-2223.
Have a wonderful day!
2023-2024 Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
On Thursday, August 24 & Friday, August 25 from 8:25-8:40, all teachers will be outside greeting students and families during the first few days of school. Grades K, 4, & 5 will gather in the front of the school and grades 1, 2 & 3 will gather in the back of the building. Please look for your teacher on those days.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures - Click to learn about arrival and dismissal procedures for the 2023-2024 school year.
-Families should utilize the side parking lot for pick-up and drop-off.
-The front parking lot is designated for buses only.
-Kindergarten - 5th grade morning arrival is between 8:25am-8:40am.
-Staff begin to supervise students at 8:25 am.
-School starts at 8:40.
***NEW FOR 23-24 SCHOOL YEAR- STARTING MONDAY, AUGUST 28***
- 8:25-8:30 ALL students will gather in the front of the building.
- 8:30-8:40 ALL students will enter through the front of the building and go directly to their classrooms.
- Grades 1-3 will no longer gather on the side of the building.
Message from the Nurse
Required Health Forms:
Please inform the nurse of any allergies or sensitivities to foods, medications, and environmental allergens. If there are any pertinent details of your students' health that you feel the nurse needs to know, please reach out and discuss this with the school nurse. This information can be helpful to better support your student throughout the day, if certain situations arise.
About Your Student’s Medication:
The district's medication administration policy mandates that all medication to be administered at school requires an MD order, this includes over-the-counter medications. Students may NOT keep over-the-counter meds in their backpacks or in their lockers--including cough drops, Advil, etc. This is an important safety concern! Please review the policy included in the registration process.
If your student requires an inhaler, Epi-Pen, or any oral medication, please obtain the medication form and appropriate health care plan from your physician when your child has their exam. Forms may also be obtained on the district website.
Excused Physical Education Class:
Please note that all PE excuses need to be sent to the Nurse's Office. A parent may excuse a student from PE for up to 3 days. (consecutively) Thereafter, a Doctor's note is required.
Calls home from the Nurse:
Phone calls home are warranted in the event of a head injury, minor or major
All in school sickness including fever of 100.4 (oral) or greater, vomiting and/or diarrhea
Please prepare to keep your child home until:
Fever-free for a full 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
Vomiting and diarrhea has ceased for a full 24 hours
From the Finance Department:
Fees for the 23-24 School Year have been posted to students' MSB accounts. Some of you may not have received an invoice email from MSB. Please go to MSB to pay your school fees by September 1, 2023.
What to do:
Follow these simple instructions to create your account and pay your fees.
Visit the Store in MSB to purchase items such as Transportation, Milk, etc. If your student will be taking the bus, please make that purchase sooner rather than later so First Student can route your child(ren) for the 23-24 school year.
FAMILY HANDBOOK & STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
Please take the time to review the Elementary Family Handbook. Each class will meet with Mrs. Frattinger and myself to discuss school rules and procedures. Ask your student how to SOAR in the hallways, in the classroom, on the bus and during recess.
School Hours / Lunch Hours
The first full day of school is Thursday August 25th, for students in first - fifth grade. Kindergarten & Preschool students start school on Monday, August 29th. Students may arrive between 8:25-8:40. Classes begin at 8:40.
Grades 1st-5th: 8:40-3:30
Kindergarten AM: 8:40-11:30
Kindergarten PM: 12:40-3:30
Preschool AM: 8:50-11:20
Preschool PM: 12:50-3:20
1st, 2nd & 3rd Grade Lunch: 12:00-12:25
4th-5th Grade Lunch: 12:25-12:50
Dropping off lunches from restaurants (ie- McDonald's, Wendy's, Panera, etc.) as well as using food delivery services to drop off food (ie -GrubHub, Door Dash) is not allowed. Students should bring their lunch in the morning to school each day. Safety is our number one priority and we would like to limit visitors.