Chemistry of life
study guide -elijah
Info about water and it's characteristics
Info about water and characteristics
- Water can be found as a liquid, gas, or solid
- Water is also known as H20
- H20 is two is hydrogens and one oxygen
- Water is so important scientist look for it on other plants
- Water is esseintal for everday life
- Adhesion water is attracted to other subtances
- Cohesion water is attracted to water
Info about carbohydrates
Carbohydrates is a large biological molecule or macromolecule consist of (C) (H) (O). Its in breads, beans, milk. Like lactose is a disacchardie found in milk consist of d- Galactose
Macromolecules are defined as large molecules made up of smaller molecules. There are four classes of macrimolecules: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids.
Proteins are large biological molecules or macromolecules consisting of one or more long chains of amino acids. Proteins are inside beef, ham, pork, chicken, beans and etc. They provide the body with nutrients and provides energy
Lipid are a group of naturally occurring molecules that include fats, waxes, sterols. The function of the lipid is to store energy for later use.
They are polymeric macromolecules, or large biological molecules essential for all known forms of life. They are RNA and DNA, its function is to encode to transmit there blood line.