Thursday, December 10, 2015
This week's Student Spotlight goes to Allyson Hoffmann. She'll tell us about her top three highlights or favorite things of this semester.
A Semester of Opportunity
This year my school has started a book club. Many students joined. I think it was a really fun way to get us involved and get us excited about reading. I really enjoy that it was one of the first student clubs we've had.
Getting my permit has been something I've been wanting to get since I turned 15. In order to get my permit, I had to follow a few steps.
- First, I had to register for an online driver's ed course.
- Then, I had to wait for papers to come in the mail before I could start my course.
- After the papers came in, I began my online studying.
- Next, I completed the first 6 hours of the course.
- Because I had finished the first 6 hours, I had to go into the Department of Public Safety to take my test for my permit.
- I passed my test and got my permit.
Texas A&M Tour
Many high school students have no idea where they're going to college. Others have no idea what colleges offer or how colleges work. To educate the students and provide an opportunity to tour a college, our high school visited Texas A&M University. On this field trip, the students could see what a college campus looks like and all that the college has to offer. I think this was very exciting because A&M is a beautiful campus and has a huge library.