Elementary Music Teacher
By: Sommer Wurtz
What Do They Do?
- Elementary music teachers teach musical concepts like beat, rhythm and pitch to primary school students.
- Students learn the art of singing and different types of musical instruments and different styles of music.
Teach students about the history of music and about famous musicians and composers.
They also prepare students for performances.
- In a classroom
- Possibly in an auditorium at times
- In an elementary/primary school
How do you become one?
- You need a teaching certificate and to be lisenced (public school).
- Those interested in teaching music in an elementary school must be certified in elementary education and elementary music education.
- A Bachelor of Arts in Music Education is preferred but a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education with a minor in music may be enough.
Projected to grow 12 percent from 2012 to 2022.
- Preschool teachers
- Elementary school principal