RMS Weekly Event Calendar
February 26 - March 2
What's going on at RMS?
- Mrs. Warhurst
- Mrs. Kerby
- Mrs. Odom
- Ms. Bates
- Miss Pruitt
- Coach Gober
- Miss Andrews
- Mrs. Hellums
- Mr. Clements
As we worked to gather the evidence for our review, it became even more evident of all the great things that are going on at RMS and how many areas we have improved in since the last AdvancED review which include:
- Faculty and staff committing to continual professional growth through the many professional learning opportunities we participate in during the summer and throughout the school year.
- Mentoring and character development for our students through the use of our mentoring period each day.
- Rigorous learning opportunities for our students as evidenced through our advanced classes in math and reading in grades 6-8 as well as advanced science and social studies in grades 7-8.
- An increased use of technology and formative assessment.
- Using student data for targeted instruction and purposeful planning.
These are just an example of many of the areas we have grown in over the past few years. It is only through teamwork that we have been able to accomplish so much! I am excited for the visiting AdvancED team to visit our school and witness the great things going on at RMS!
The formative assessment tool we are highlighting this week is Poll Everywhere. Poll Everywhere is a free tool that gets your students thinking about the learning topic and activates students' prior knowledge. I encourage all of you to try Poll Everywhere with your students. I also encourage you to put your name on the Pineapple Chart and invite other teachers to come see what your students are doing with Poll Everywhere!
Read Across America Week
This year Russellville Middle School is going to celebrate this week through engaging learning activities during our mentoring period, as well as dressing up for the following days:
Monday - Fox in Socks Day - Wear crazy socks!
Tuesday - Green Eggs and Ham Day - Wear green!
Wednesday - Cat and the Hat Day - Wear red and white!
Thursday - Oh, the Places You'll Go Day - Wear a college shirt!
Friday - Horton Hears a Who Day - Complete a random act of kindness! In addition, drop everything and have students read for 10 minutes after lunch for Dr. Suess's birthday!
All-State Choral Students
Math Team Competition
ASCA Middle School State Tournament
RMS Mentoring Schedule
This week we will participate in the Read Across America Week!
Monday - Read Across America - Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - Oh the Places You'll Go!
Tuesday - CHOW Program PowerPoint
Wednesday - Read Across America - Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - Oh the Places You'll Go!
Thursday - Read Across America - Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - Oh the Places You'll Go!
Friday - Read Across America - Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss - The Lorax
Monday, February 26
- Instructional Meeting - Room 125 - Mrs. Lockett will be meeting with teachers about the new CHOW (Cutting Hunger on Weekends) program. Please plan to attend during your instructional period.
- 4-H Meeting - Cafeteria - Students will have a 4-H meeting during the mentoring period.
- RMS Softball vs. Hatton - Home - 4:30 p.m. - Double Header
- RMS Baseball vs. Lauderdale Co. - Away - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 27
- RMS Tennis vs. Muscle Shoals - Home - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Softball vs. Central - Home - 4:30 p.m. - Double Header
- RMS Baseball vs. Florence - Home - 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 28
- Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your instructional period.
Thursday, March 1
- Technology Training - Room 125 - Dr. Wiginton will be here today. Please plan to come during your instructional period. Remember to bring your Chromebook!
- ACCESS Testing
- RMS Tennis vs. Florence Middle School - Home - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, March 2
- RMS Baseball vs. Winfield Middle School - Away - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- ACCESS Testing
- RMS Softball - Ardmore Tiger Classic - TBD