The Royal Decree
Royal High School's Weekly Bulletin: September 12, 2021
Para traducir este mensaje a Español haga clic arriba en “Translate Newsletter “ y seleccione “Spanish” como lenguaje.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
SEP 16- No School Yom Kippur
SEP 20-24 Homecoming Week
SEP 25- Homecoming Dance, 6:30-10pm Permission slip
NOV 2- Teacher Staff Development Day- No School
NOV 11- Veterans Day- No School
NOV 22-26 Thanksgiving Holidays- No School
DEC 14-16 Semester One Finals Special Schedule
DEC 20-JAN 4 Winter Holidays- No School
Special Schedule Weeks
These upcoming weeks have special schedules:
Monday, September 13 - Periods 1/3/5 (Start Time 8am) No school Sept. 16
Monday, November 1 - Periods 1/3/5 (Start Time 8am) No School Nov. 2
Monday, November 8 - Periods 1/3/5 (Start Time 8am) No School Nov. 11
Monday, December 13- Periods 2/4/6 (Start Time 8am)
Tuesday December 14- Periods 1/3/5 (Start Time 8am)
Wednesday, December 15- Finals Periods 0, 3, 4, 7
Thursday, December 16- Finals Periods 0, 2, 5, 7
Friday, December 17- Finals Periods 1, 6
Groovin' Through the 70s- Homecoming 2021
This year's Homecoming is guaranteed to be funky fab and far out!
Gates open at 6:30 for food trucks and the boogie down starts at 7. Wear your most radical 70s gear and you could win a Winter Formal ticket. But remember no heeled shoes in the disco.
Download your permission slip so everything is copacetic. Buy your tickets in the ASB office (cash or card only).
$25 w/ ASB sticker, $30 w/o and for approved guests (see permission slip for more info).
What's Coming up in School Activities?
SEP 20-24 Homecoming Week
SEP 24 Homecoming Rally
SEP 25 Homecoming Dance
OCT4-8 Royal Valley Week (Beat Simi Week) Stay tuned for activities and spirit day information to come.
OCT 26-Trunk or Treat all ages are welcome
Follow us on Instagram: @the.royalkingdom
There are many ways to be involved, connected, and pursue excellence in the 4 A's of Academics, Arts, Athletics, and Activities.
CLICK HERE to visit our Activities Homepage
For Activities questions contact the following:
Patti Myszkowski, Assistant Principal, Activities & Athletics
Ashley Rotellini, ASB Accounts Clerk
Kari Lev, Senior Class
Jessica Fancett, Junior Class
Jennifer Letus, Sophomore Class
Reid Furlong, Freshman Class
Our goal at the Kingdom is to create a culture of “Royal Family” where all students feel welcomed, supported, safe, and inspired to reach their fullest potential. To assist us in that effort, please
Become familiar with our student handbook.
Complete the self-screen below every day before entering campus.
- All parents/guardians must screen students before leaving the house (see graphic below).
- Students must wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Students may take off masks indoors to eat or drink.
- Masks are recommended outdoors, but not mandatory.
- Visitors will not be allowed on campus. To the extent possible, meetings with counselors and teachers we be done via Zoom.
- If the school learns that a student is considered a close contact* the health clerk, nurse, administrative assistant, or administrator will be reaching out to the parent/guardian as soon as possible.
Close Contact - Someone who is within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period. This is true whether or not the individuals are wearing a mask.
PSAT/NMSQT FOR JUNIORS
TO REGISTER FOR THIS FORM YOU MUST USE YOUR STUDENT DISTRICT GMAIL ADDRESS.
On Wednesday, October 13th, Royal will offer the annual PSAT/NMSQT on campus during the school day. This on-site testing has been approved by SVUSD district leadership. The entire experience will be coordinated in accordance with appropriate social distancing and safety protocols. Test takers will be safely guided upon arrival and distanced in the gymnasium area. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP (YOUR STUDENT GMAIL IS REQUIRED FOR LOG IN)
This is valuable practice for the SAT senior year as well as an opportunity to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship program. For more information visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10 Cost of testing is $20. (For financial assistance contact Mr. Dobson's office at 2712 or your counselor. It will be addressed confidentially.) The exam fee is payable in cash and will be collected on the day of the test. SPACE IS LIMITED - THE FIRST 120 JUNIORS TO SIGN UP will be offered a chance to take part in this testing experience.
COLLEGE & CAREER FALL EVENTS 2021
SVUSD presents a series of important workshops for students' post secondary goals. All workshops are free, open to all families in SVUSD and will be held via Zoom. Please indicate below which workshops you will be attending. The Zoom links will be sent to your school email the day of the event. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Tuesday, 9/21; 5:00-5:50pm: College 101-What should you be doing to prepare for college? Grades, extra curriculars, volunteering? How to search for a college that suits you!
- Tuesday, 9/21; 5:00-5:50pm: (EN ESPANOL) College 101-What should you be doing to prepare for college? Grades, extra curriculars, volunteering? How to search for a college that suits you!
- Tuesday, 9/21; 6:00-6:55pm: Standardized Testing Overview-Should you test? Why/Why not? Learn more about what colleges need from students in relation to the test scores
- Wednesday, 9/22; 5:00-5:55pm: A representative from Cal Lu will go over the different types of financial aid, the FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other topics you NEED to know when applying for financial aid at any college
- Wednesday, 9/22; 5:00-5:55pm: (EN ESPANOL) A representative from Cal Lu will go over the different types of financial aid, the FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other topics you NEED to know when applying for financial aid at any college
- Wednesday, 9/22; 6:00-6:55: Preparing your resume and elevator speech; how is this relevant to the college planning process
- Thursday, 9/23; 5:00-5:55pm: CSU System overview: Locations/college, AP credits, Extracurricular activities, finding the right "Fit"
- Thursday, 9/23; 6:00-6:55pm: UC System overview: Locations/college, AP credits, Extracurricular activities, finding the right "Fit"
- Tuesday, 9/28; 5:00-6:00pm: SAT/ACT-Tips and tricks: How to approach the test and do your best
CLICK HERE to visit our Academics Homepage
CLICK HERE TO visit our Counseling Department Homepage
All athletic ticket sales are online through gofan.co
CLICK HERE to visit our Athletics Homepage
For Athletics questions contact the following:
Andy Andreolli, Athletic Director
Yvette Shuster, Athletic Secretary
Patti Myszkowski, Assistant Principal of Student Activities & Athletics
Girls Lacrosse will start practicing on Tuesday, September 14th in the stadium from 6-7:30. All levels are welcome and new players are encouraged to come out!
Boys Lacrosse is back. Fall lacrosse practice is from 6-9 pm every Tuesday in the stadium and MWF from 4-5 in the weight room. If you are interested in participating in fall/spring lacrosse, please contact Coach Rich Nutter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fall parent (and player) meeting is Wednesday, October 6th at 8pm in the CSI room.
CLICK HERE to visit our Arts Homepage
For questions contact the following:
Band Program - Lisa Pate, Director of Bands
Vocal Music - Bethany Uko, Director of Vocal Music
Theater Arts - Bari Carrelli, Director of Theater Arts
Visual and Performing Arts Dept. - Dan Maye, Department Chairperson
Support your Royal High School PTSA by joining the PTSA!
Your membership dues help the many programs offered at the school that PTSA supports.
There are advantages to becoming a member such as different scholarships available for continuing education if you have been a member for at least two years.
There are two ways to join:
Online: click here to join
On paper: click here to access the PTSA membership document. Fill it out and return it to school with your membership dues.
Birmingham-Southern College prepares men and women for lives of significance. The College fosters intellectual and personal development through excellence in teaching and scholarship and by challenging students to engage their community and the greater world, to examine diverse perspectives, and to live with integrity. (www.bsc.edu)
Click here for Admissions Info
Click here for Tuition & Financial Aid Info
Moderately difficult to be admitted
Acceptance Rate: 54%
Average GPA: 3.68
Graduate in 4 Years: Not reported
What one word or phrase best describes your school? (Niche)
- Forward Ever (50%)
- Community (6%)
- Temperature - 31.3 average low in January, 87.4 average high in September
- Rain - 117 rainy days per year
Student Perspective (College Countdown)
“Students want to spend four years preparing, maturing, and challenging their minds so that they can make a difference in the world."
Academic Life at Birmingham–Southern College (US News & World Report)
The student-faculty ratio at Birmingham-Southern College is 11:1, and the school has 71.1% of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at Birmingham-Southern College include: Business Administration and Management, General; Biology/Biological Sciences, General; Psychology, General; Accounting; and Teacher Education, Multiple Levels. The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 79%.