2/5/2021: Distance Learning During Weather-Related School Building Closures: Please read learn more information about our procedures during a Weather Related School Closure. Click this button.
FIRST SEMESTER GRADES:
As we finish the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year, we in the student support services office at Fridley High School would like to say thank you for continuing to support your students as we adapt to different learning models in our district. We understand that the past several months have been difficult for many of our families in terms of the pandemic and our efforts to meet the needs of your children academically. We appreciate your patience and your partnership each step of the way and we look forward to working with you as we start a new semester.
Your student’s grades for fall semester will be posted on the portal beginning on Tuesday, February 2nd. In the days following, report cards will be mailed home in paper form as well. We invite you to contact your student’s teachers or his or her academic dean should you have any questions about the posted grades. Thanks again for being an integral part of the Fridley Schools Community. We wish you all health and happiness throughout the rest of the school year and beyond!
2/2/2021- Click here to learn more about registration for the upcoming 2021-22 School Year
WEEKLY SCHEDULE: HYBRID MODEL
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU DAILY:
WATER BOTTLE & SANITIZER:
WATER BOTTLE & SANITIZER:
- Bring your own personal size Sanitizer in your backpack. Stations will also be available throughout the building.
- We are unable to use the water fountains within the building, please bring your own water bottle to bring with you to your classes.
Fridley Online Academy Updates:
Attendance Requirement for FHS Online Academy only: Starting Second Semester (February 1st), students are required to be logged in and working on coursework for two *active* hours every day. This change came about based on feedback from teachers and parents and we believe it will help our FHS Online Academy students be more successful. Students should still plan to work an average of 4 hours a day in order to be successful. If your child cannot do their schoolwork due to illness, please call Sharon at 763-502-5604.
Students started their semester 2 courses this week. We are dividing the semester into 2 Quarters for the FHS Online Academy:
Quarter 3 = February 1st - April 9th (Students take four FHS Edgenuity courses)
Quarter 4 = April 12th - June 10th (Students take three FHS Edgenuity courses)
Parent-Teacher Conferences: February 4, 4-7 p.m. (See main newsletter for information on valuable presentations.)
You can sign up to meet with your child’s mentor teacher: please click on this link
4:30-4:45pm Parent/Student Presentation: Expectations for Semester 2 in the Online Academy followed by Q/A. https://meet.google.com/ewj-rrhr-htq
6:00-6:15pm (repeat of 4:30 presentation). https://meet.google.com/ewj-rrhr-htq
If you have any questions, please contact your mentor teacher or Chandra Hanke at email@example.com
2/5/2021: Bus routes for the 2/16/21 startup are going to be sent to the bus contractors on Monday, 2/8/21. Postcards with bus information for those students that registered for transportation will be printed on 2/9/21 and mailed to families. On 2/9/21, families will also be able to see their bus information on the parent portal.
If there is a student or students that need transportation and have not signed up for it (portal information currently says, “Parent Transportation”) they can sign up for bus service here:
KNOW THE TRUTH:
2/4/2021: For Parents and Teachers - Virtual Webinar on Drug Prevention and Awareness. See attached flyer for more details. Mark your calendars for February 22nd, see flyer for more details.
MYP PERSONAL PROJECT:
Congratulations to all of the students who participated in the MYP Personal Project this year. Each 10th grade student has been invited to participate in the MYP Personal Project via Google Classroom invitation. This is an interesting year to try and make this culminating event come to fruition, considering our circumstances of what school looks like. Please join me in celebrating the projects that have been completed by our 10th grade students this year.
Career & Technical Education Courses Work for High School Students
High school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
· Taking one CTE class for every two academic classes minimizes the risk of students dropping out of high school.
· The average high school graduation rate for students concentrating in CTE programs is 93 percent, compared to an average national freshman graduation rate of 80 percent.
· 91 percent of high school graduates who earned 2-3 CTE credits enrolled in college.
You can see all of the courses the Fridley CTE Department has to offer you here:https://sites.google.com/isd14.org/fridley-high-school-cte/home
Senior News : Class of 2021
We are so excited to celebrate YOU FHS Seniors class of 2021. We'd like to showcase your acceptance to college at FHS and honor your hard work to get you to this point. Please complete the 2 questions below to participate. On the bulletin board we will have your name and the college or university you'll be attending next fall. Please help us encourage our seniors to complete this form: https://forms.gle/wc7jZWzYAKY4kw5XA
Meal Pick Up Information:
Nutritional Services will continue to provide free meals to all children ages 1-18 regardless of income. Free meals are provided during meal pick up and when children are in-person learning at school.
2/4/2021: Updated Meal Pick Up for 9th -12th Grade Students Return to in-Person Learning:
With 9th – 12th grade students returning to hybrid learning, we need to inform you of changes for meal pick up for those students.
· Last day of five day meal pick up for 9th – 12th grade students will be Thursday, February 11, 2021.
· Starting on February 16, 2021, students assigned to the Stripes group should pick up free meals on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00pm at Fridley High School, door 15. You will receive three breakfasts, three lunches and three snacks for your child to eat on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
· Starting on February 18, 2021, students assigned to the Paws group should pick up free meals on Thursday from 4:30-6:00pm at Fridley High School, door 15. You will receive three breakfasts, three lunches, and three snacks for your child to eat on the following Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
· We ask that you try to pick up during your assigned day; however, if this is not possible, you can pick up during the other high school meal pick up time.
· There will be no three day meal bags available during Wednesday meal pick up times.
· 9th – 12th grade students will receive free breakfast and lunch when they are attending in person learning at school.
· All meals picked up remain free regardless of family income.
· If your student wants a second lunch while they are in person learning, those meals are not free and your student must have money in their lunch account to purchase extra items.
Students in the FHS Online Academy who are continuing with 100% distance learning are not affected by these changes. Unaffected families can pick up meals for their children at any of the meal pick up locations. Nutritional Services staff will be asking for your student’s grade and if they are in distance or in person learning. If you have any questions regarding meals or meal pick up times or locations, please contact Renee Arbogast at 763-502-5022.
Fridley Meal Pick Up Information:
Tuesday: 4:30-6:00 pm Fridley High School door # 15
Wednesday: 11:30-1:30 pm Fridley Middle School main entrance
Thursday: 4:30-6:00 pm Fridley High School door #15
Ever wanted to work in a school or work with school-aged children? Are you awesome at communicating with children and love being around them? If so, please consider applying for our ParaEducator positions. These are 32.5 hours a week, eligible for full benefits and paid time off. Option for FREE single covered medical and dental insurance! In this position, you would work the same schedule as students. The pay ranges from $14.99-$16.71 an hour depending on previous para work experience. We currently have 5 positions open across the school district.
If keeping things clean, in good order and safe is something you love, please consider applying to our Custodial positions. We currently have 3 openings, all working 8 hours a day, second shift from (3:00pm – 11:00pm). The starting pay is $15.06 per hour (DOE), plus .50 per hour for working second shift. These are year-round fully benefit eligible positions. Option for FREE single covered medical and dental insurance!
Visit our website at https://www.applitrack.com/fridley/onlineapp/ to review the postings, job duties and qualifications and apply today!