Family Bulletin for Sept 21, 2023
News for September 21, 2023
- Friday, September 22 - Homecoming Pep Fest & Football Game
- Saturday, September 23 - Homecoming Dance
Picture Day is Wednesday, October 4
This is for students who have not yet had their picture taken. Retakes will be November 15.
Attention All PSAT Test Takers
Here is some basic info:
- Most important info: Read your PSAT Schoology messages
- The PSAT will be on October 2, 2023 at 8:10am.
- This is a non-school day. The cafeteria will not be open.
- There will be activity busses only. See the map outside of student support or talk to Ms. Brown in that office.
- These busses do not go to your regular stops
- Morning pick up 7:30. Dismissal bus will leave RAHS 11:30am.
- There is a graphing calculator built into the test
- You can use your own graphing calculator also
- We will NOT be checking them out that day
- Stop by your math teacher or the media center before Oct 2
- The PSAT is digital this year.
- Bring your fully charged iPad
- We will have a few spares to borrow
- You will be required to do a digital readiness check before the test day
- You will be getting more info via schoology early next week
- It will take you 30 mins to do the readiness check
- The digital PSAT only has two parts; reading and math
- Each section is one hour
- Ten minute break in between
Virtual College Planning Events Via Zoom
When: sessions are at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday nights and will last approximately 45-60 minutes.
Info: Participants can ask questions in the chat. Participants can attend any number of sessions (choose dates during registration). Suggested audience is 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students and their parent(s)/guardian(s).
- October 3: Apply to College | 10-12th grade students
- October 10: Understand Financial Aid | 10-12th grade students
- October 17: Create Your FSA ID | 12th grade students
- October 24: Scholarship Search | 10-12th grade students
How: All sessions will be on Zoom, but space is limited. Students and families can register at the following link: https://bit.ly/RSFAFSA. Session materials and recordings will be posted on the same page after each event.
Upcoming College Rep. Visits
· 18th: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire @ 11:30pm
· 19th: Rochester Institute of Technology @ 2pm
· 21st: Grand Canyon University – Traditional Campus @ 2pm
· 25th: University of Iowa @ 2pm
· 26th: University of Wisconsin-River Falls @ 2pm
· 3rd: Oregon State University @ 2pm
· 6th: DePaul University @ 2pm
· 10th: University of Wisconsin-Superior @ 2pm
· 12th: Bethany Lutheran College @ 2pm
· 13th: University of Puget Sound @ 2pm
· 16th: Cornell College @ 2pm
· 17th University of North Dakota@ 2pm
· 18th: University of Portland @ 2pm
· 23rd: University of St. Thomas @ 2pm
· 25th: Drake University @2pm
· 31st: University of Minnesota-Duluth @ 1pm
· 1st: Iowa State University @2pm
· 7th: Hamline University @ 2pm
· 13th: North Dakota State University @ 2pm
· 16th: Minnesota State University-Mankato @ 2pm
** Stop by my office C170 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in speaking to a representative from one or more of these schools. Please provide me the name of the school and I’ll send you time slot information**
Welcome Back to School from the Health Office! Here is our contact information:
Yajaira Gonzalez Gurrola, Health Assistant:
651-604-1474 (Health Office main line)
School Nurse: Open Position! Contact Alaina Bohl for details: Alaina Bohl, Licensed School Nurse:
Joan Tighe, Licensed School Nurse:
Please report all absences and attendance information to the RAHS Attendance Line (email@example.com or 651-604-1465). Regular and on-time attendance is crucial for children's learning!
If there are medications that need to be given at school, please email the nurse for more information, or stop into the Health Office. The Health Office staff needs to confirm health conditions, paperwork, medications, and expiration dates.
COVID Isolation Guidelines are the same as last school year. If your student tests positive for COVID they must stay home for 5 days (from symptom onset or date of positive test, whichever is first). Please notify the Health Office if your student tests positive. Health Office staff will talk through the dates and confirm the timeline. Students can return to school on day 6 and will be required to wear a mask at school on days 6-10.
There is no quarantine of close contacts; please send your student to school each day that they feel well.
We still have COVID tests. Contact the Health Office if you would like one sent home with your student.
Hello Students and Caregivers,
In accordance with state law, Roseville Area High School is required to conduct a number of safety drills per school year. This year, we will be conducting the following safety drills: Lockdown, Hold, and Secure. We will communicate to students a day before we conduct these safety drills. In addition, we will be conducting 5 fire drills and one severe weather drill (tornado drill). Our staff have gone through the required training to help support your child during these drills. Please feel free to contact our school if you have any questions or concerns regarding the drills.
If all of your RAHS students have graduated, simply click unsubscribe at the bottom of this email. To re-subscribe in the future, use the link on the RAHS website under "stay connected".